Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Heath index map of USA  (Read 9861 times)

Offline duck

• House Bee
    • Big Thicket Bees
Re: Heath index map of USA
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 08:33:23 am »
get a sasquatch/yeti suit and roam the woods.. you might scare and run off the unwanted labor.  there is alot of superstition built into their culture.  also about my previous comment, I think the humor was lost in translation and to age?

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 06:49:01 pm »
get a sasquatch/yeti suit and roam the woods.. you might scare and run off the unwanted labor.  there is alot of superstition built into their culture.  also about my previous comment, I think the humor was lost in translation and to age?

at least it is not your fault...

Three most vein on earth: nun's tits, pope's balls and American sense of humour...

Language barrier NOT included

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 11:33:28 pm »
Unemployed guys here do not go to woods but they are ready stop that berry picking.

same here. 

Three most vein on earth: nun's tits, pope's balls and American sense of humour...

aw, come on.  i know you laugh at us....we must be funny!   :-D

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 03:49:24 am »
aw, come on.  i know you laugh at us....we must be funny!   :-D

ok Kathyp!. You saved the reputation of America!

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 01:09:54 pm »
http://www.berryjob.com/?q=node/10
 I want to pick berries also- :laugh:  there are lots of berrie picking -maybe take whole crew
 berrie picking pays cost-- 8-)  RDY-B

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 01:18:32 pm »
Lets all go...we could stay at Finski's place!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 02:18:48 pm »
Lets all go...we could stay at Finski's place!

Scott

Great idea Scott! That way we can argue about bee keeping with Finski in person!  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 05:24:24 pm »
I searched new picking sites today. I burned gasoline quite much. Professional pickers had cleaned the woods along  main roads.

But lucky me before dark 22 i found splended place. It took about 15 min to pick 10 itres bill berries. Tomorrow i will fulfill my order 200 litres. It takes 2-3 hours to pick missing 50 litres.

We have seldom this kind of yield years. Mostly frost destroyes the yield.

To where  money goes? New tyres 400 euros. New absorbers  600 euros. And so on...gasoline 1.7 euros a litre. Tank full 70 euros.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 06:21:34 pm »
 they said berrie pick would be availible augst 4 th-intil end of august
 they said easy to pick 51 kg a day--they said must have 4 pepole per 1 auto to make cost small--
then season in wales starts on sept 1 til end-there is a circut for berrie pickers --RDY-B

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 07:08:59 pm »
51 kg a day easy ( that 1 kg?)

which berry?

100 litres billberries is 60 kg.

To Thailand pickers 50 kg is easy because they work 16 hours a day. As long as it is light.

I use to pick 2 hours. It is painfull to back.

My brother has  picked 280 liters= 160 kg cow berries in on day (11 hours) in Swedish sea isle, to where Tai pickers ca nnot come. They have not a boat.

The most diffficult is to find a good place. There is competition among pickers who harvests  best places first.

Picking berries is never easy. There are years when pickers do not get money enough to flying ticket to return to Thailand. Then  Swedish or Finnish Governemet is obliged to handle the cases.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 07:25:33 pm »
they said they will pay 2.20 euro per kg--you said 3.5 euro a littre--how many litre in kg--RDY-B

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 07:35:06 pm »
are they cheating me for half the profit --whats the real deal-- :?  RDY-B

Offline duck

• House Bee
    • Big Thicket Bees
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 09:05:23 pm »
maybe you could approach the thailand pickers and offer them cold hard euros for their berries.  Tell them youll give them twice what their picker masters are giving them.  Then they will bring you all the berries.  Of course you will need to learn some thai to talk to them.  One of your countrymen is getting rich raping your countries resources outsourcing labor..  maybe you and the boys could pay him a visit.

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2012, 02:23:36 am »
are they cheating me for half the profit --whats the real deal-- :?  RDY-B

it depends how long is the delivery chain

i pick berries, clean then, i put into packages and freeze them. When I go to my city home to Helsinki, I transport berries to customers home door.

I get  7 euros /kg  . In supermarket freezened berry is 10 euros/kg

lets look my neighbour who has actually strawberry farm. Woods are full of billberries more or less,  and  farmes family sells all berries on market place . Market place price varries as fresh .
It may be  10-14 euros/kg.

When folks do not need any more berries, they sell the rest to  wholesale.
Wholesale price is 3 euros/kg  in cleaned berries.
Berries with rubbish may be 220 E/kg.

Like here it is 1,5 car driving to  wholesale. He has there packing systems, freezehouses and delivering to supermarkets.

.so I handle the whole chain and I get the end price.customers are happy when they know what they get.

On market place sellers mix old and new berries. Quality is a secret question. Then berries may stand in picker's  store too.

When billberry stands 4 days, you cannot eate it  any more. It gets an unpleasant flavour.
Cowberry may stand 7 days and it is ok.
Strawberry may stand some hours and then it is spoiled.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2012, 02:38:40 am »
  at 2.20 euro per kg--if i pick 50 kg a day thats 110 euro a day
 they will charge me 30 euros a day for 3 meals and sauna--profit 80 euros a day
thats just under $100 dollars a day--I think they keeping more than what i get--if there are
 15 people on the trip i think they are clearing for there effort 811 euros a day x30 days =2400 euros for the organizer
I would have to pick berries for ten days to make plane ticket--RDY-B

anything