Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bought a TBH that was a yr old and its is all grown together  (Read 1566 times)

Offline sonshine farm

• Brood
Bought a TBH that was a yr old and its is all grown together
« on: February 27, 2011, 10:52:01 pm »
Hello...Karen from Florida here...
I am a new BEE and do i ever mean NEW...
I finally got around to opening the hive up myself...OH MY every thing from the one end is all grown together...as i pry the Bars apart the combs are stuck together and honey is dripping down the combs..
there are combs being made on the follower board that the man made A entrance board or maybe a board for syrup supply any who.....the thing is a mess and i really dont know brood comb from anything else capped...the bees were all over the combs I had the whole thing open hoping to add empty bars to give room before i finish my other TBH...HELP PLEASE
I google for pictures and the brood comb looks like bullets but i was so over whelmed by the combs all attached to each other,,,,no one has been taking care of this hive as u can tell...thank you

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
Re: Bought a TBH that was a yr old and its is all grown together
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:56:42 pm »
Sounds like you are going to have to do surgery on the poor girls. Well I say poor girls but it sounds like THEY are just fine its you trying to get in to give them a check up is where the hiccup is at.  NOT TO WORRY!!!! You are here on BEEMASTER.COM and all will be well for you and your girls.  I would say look up grandmaw dog he does ALOT of TBH and has alot of videos out there.  You might have to cut out the combs and attach them the way you want to with hair clips till they fix it.  He will however be able to tell you a whole lot more.  But I know its not a big as a deal as you think it is.  Post up some pics if you could and put where you are from there might be someone close who can come out to help you.  Looks like you saved the girls from a bee-haver and now they are in the good hands of a beekeeper!!! 
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Bought a TBH that was a yr old and its is all grown together
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 10:32:39 am »
Where in Fl are you Karen? There are a few Floridians here...maybe one close enough to help?

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907