Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Back to the gateway timeout issue  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Back to the gateway timeout issue
« on: May 31, 2007, 10:44:23 am »
My husband has wiped out my laptop hard drive and we have started all over again.  This is an attempt to fix the "gateway timeout" issue that I have been having in the beekeeping main forum.  If you are not familiar with my issues, reread some of my posts.  I don't want to have to type out explanations again, too lengthy.

This morning I was testing it out.  I can post pictures and work without the gateway timeout in the Farming forum, even post pictures and it is fine.

So, I am thinking that something has gone array in the beekeeping main forum with my computer.

I am thinking that maybe a couple of months ago when this issue creeped up, that maybe I performed a keyboard command inadvertently when I hit Alt S to send a post, that issued an instruction in that forum to not allow very much time for the window to be opened where I can type in a post. 

This is all very confusing and I do not know enough about computers to even begin to explain things technically, nor computer literately.

If anyone can get their "hands on" and help me to "fix" this issue with the timeout gateway, feel free to help out.  But, please re-read posts that have been made on this issue over the past time with this regard.  It is very frustrating, I have lots of pictures that I would love to put into the beekeeping main forum.  Have a wonderful day, love that life you're livin'.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Back to the gateway timeout issue
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:39:46 am »
Cindi,

I have a few more suggestions that may narrow down the problem better.

Is it possible to go to a local library or someplace else where you can log onto the forums.   This would eliminate your computer from the picture if you still experience the timeouts.  Ideally it would be somewhere that has a different ISP then yourself.  That way if the timeouts go away, you know it is either your computer or your ISP.  You could then take your laptop to a different place and access to narrow it down even further.

I know you also have a concern that your account here has something screwed up.  To be honest, there are no settings that I am aware of that could cause these kinds of symptoms.   But to check it out,  try creating a new account, say like cindi2 or something and then log in with that account and see if you have the problem.

Hope you can get this figured out.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison