Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bonjour, Ola, Hello  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Apiarist3000

• New Bee
Bonjour, Ola, Hello
« on: April 04, 2007, 07:25:44 pm »
Hello all..

Oddly enough, I'm new here- I finally got round to looking for a decent beekeeping forum! ;)

So, about me.. I'm coming up on 22 years old and live in the South of Kent, UK.

I have 9 hives and am just about to go into my 2nd year as a beekeeper. My sites range from public and private farms, even a priory!

Oneday I hope to become a commercial beekeeper but for now I am just learning my way.

I'm certainly no bee charmer though, have not yet managed to go through a hive without being stung (I just can't kick the habit of moving my arms to fast and stirring them up) and often end up with at least 10 stings when I do all my hives every 7-9 days. I'm not complaining though! Infact I rather enjoy it, does wonders for my joints too! :evil:

Well, there you have it.. The life of a young Apiarist written in blog form  :mrgreen:

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: Bonjour, Ola, Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 08:19:10 pm »
Well hello there, now when you get the chance go to your profile and enter your location so you will no longer be Hopelessly Lost  :-D

Offline AllanJ

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 10:01:04 pm »
South of Kent..??  isn't that like where the English Channel meets the North Sea?  :)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 10:16:13 pm »
Welcome aboard. I think you will enjoy the forums.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible