Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Movie - Utter Disbelief  (Read 28682 times)

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
Re: Bee Movie - Utter Disbelief
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2008, 10:01:16 am »
i find the nasonex bee a lot more annoying than the seinfeld bee.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2008, 10:58:45 am »
Just remember JP - you don't have until 2020, you only have 'til 2012 (12-21-2012) to be more exact, and if you release it THAT DATE, will there be any of us left to see it - or will the mothership beam us all up and take us back to where they've taken the bees the last few years?

Of course I'm talking the Mayan Calendar end date, but the later is a paraphrase from a guest on a talkshow I heard say that Aliens need our bees for pollination, because they let theirs die and alien global warming is in full swing and the only chance they have is to take what bees we can spare. The are not trying to kill our planet by taking all our bees, only taking what they need (or can carry) and who knows, someday soon (he went on to say) beekeepers may start disappearing to TEND to the billions of transported bees. Talk about a wild theory - wow!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2008, 12:54:05 pm »
JP I just did, been too scattered & busy to get on for more than a couple of minutes at a time! I'll try tonight, fun to hear your voices even if I type!   ;)  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2008, 01:00:10 pm »
Just remember JP - you don't have until 2020, you only have 'til 2012 (12-21-2012) to be more exact, and if you release it THAT DATE, will there be any of us left to see it - or will the mothership beam us all up and take us back to where they've taken the bees the last few years?

Of course I'm talking the Mayan Calendar end date, but the later is a paraphrase from a guest on a talkshow I heard say that Aliens need our bees for pollination, because they let theirs die and alien global warming is in full swing and the only chance they have is to take what bees we can spare. The are not trying to kill our planet by taking all our bees, only taking what they need (or can carry) and who knows, someday soon (he went on to say) beekeepers may start disappearing to TEND to the billions of transported bees. Talk about a wild theory - wow!

Now this could be the makings of a very interesting "Bee Movie" John.

Feel free to tell us more!

Yeah, Jody, I was wondering if you were ever gonna look "up"!  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2008, 01:48:48 pm »
I will take care of their bees up there, but no anal probing OK!!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2008, 02:00:02 pm »
I will take care of their bees up there, but no anal probing OK!!!

The umbrella known to keep raindrops off the head can also be used as a weapon and a shield, nothing to worry about Annette!! Hee hee.  :-D :-*

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2008, 01:51:39 am »

Drat!  The humans have discovered our plan!  Now I must contact our mothership and arrange for a flight out of here at once!   :roll:

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2008, 02:10:22 am »
- or will the mothership beam us all up and take us back to where they've taken the bees the last few years?

Seems there are a lot of animals lately slipping towards extinction.... Huuuummmmm Galactic Noah?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2008, 12:27:38 pm »
I use it as an excuse to talk bees w/ kids. Thats a good thing. Yes its innaccurate, but its one of the best reasons kids havre any interest in bees at all. Between CCD and the Bee Movie, we are living and beekeeping during the most interesdting times. Its a challenge, lets embrace it as beeeks.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2008, 02:08:57 am »
Maybe I'm still a  bit disappointed in the bee movie - I can see it shown as a cartoonish but realistic life of the hive, showing the workers doing their many fascinating jobs all the way through their end times, and then a lone drone (Seinfelf) coping with be a TOOSED DRONE in the Fall and running into his many adventures then. I know it could have worked.

I guess what I find strange is that surely no technical advice was either asked for or used in the making, could there have been ONE truism in the movie? The only reason I bring this up again is that it is on HBO now and seeing it in HD really brought back memories  :roll:

Sure it is all in fun, nothing more real than the HULK or Batman, not. But I'm sure the same could be said from Happy Feet or Nemo. We need to embrace entertainment, just a disclaimer or maybe a short film of the real workings of the hive packaged with the DVD Boxset would be nice.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2008, 08:38:56 am »
I love the way a thread can can go all places.

First off I not only saw the movie. I went with my beekeeper association. Guess what we loved it. Was it accurate? Hell no. Did we expect it to be. No.

It's a friggen cartoon.

If you are counting on historically accuracy from Disney and Dreamworks you are the one in the wrong not the movie makers. They are trying to entertain not teach history.

I lecture now about 3 times a month for all age groups. When I am dealing with younger kids do you thing I have a picture a Barry B Benson in my presentation? You betcha. Why? Because kids relate to the cartoon and associate it with a good memory. When I get in there. I show the kids the picture of Barry. I ask what is wrong with this picture. I now have the kids attention because they all liked the movie and now they get to show how smart they are.

The kids all like to point out that he is wearing shoes, a sweater, and that he talks. Which they all understand real bees don't do. I will explain while bees do talk, they don't speak English. Now I have a group buzzing and doing waggle dances.
I then explain the biggest problem with Barry is he is a boy. When 99% of the bees in a hive are girls. Now I have all the girls cheering. Now I have girls interested in bugs. If the kids are slightly older then discussions on pollination will take place. Discussions on allergies and AHB also depending on the age of the group.

At the end I go back to Barry to remind the class that bees are responsible for honey. But when I ask them if Barry is responsible they all say no.

Do I love the movie for what it did to peak interest in bees. You bet. Did I mind having to make a few corrections. Heck no.

And if they make a sequel I am willing to bet the association would go see that movie.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2008, 12:52:51 pm »
And yet..who were the bad guys?  Even though they corrected the bee working and honey thing, did they ever exonerate the beekeepers?

The horrible nasty men who cackled as they fumigated the hives with smoke and cruelly ripped the honey away from the poor mistreated stoned bees?  Were there EVER any good beekeepers portrayed?  LAWYERS were portrayed in a better light than beekeepers.

Sure its a cartoon, but I still reserve the right to be offended at their portrayal of me.
  ;)

Rick
Rick

Offline WhipCityBeeMan

• House Bee
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2008, 05:41:19 pm »
After reading all the posts in this thread I have to agree that the thing that ruined the movie for me was the portrayal of the beekeeper.  It harkens back to Bambi; the evil hunter killing the mother deer.  Please, give me a break.  There are evil people in the world; true villains. i don't think beekeepers qualify.
Sola Scripture - Sola Fide - Sola Gracia - Solus Christus - Soli Deo Gloria

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2008, 08:35:44 pm »
After reading all the posts in this thread I have to agree that the thing that ruined the movie for me was the portrayal of the beekeeper.  It harkens back to Bambi; the evil hunter killing the mother deer.  Please, give me a break.  There are evil people in the world; true villains. i don't think beekeepers qualify.

What? You don't like being stereotyped. Hmm, there may be a lesson in that.  :mrgreen:
There are good and bad hunters. Idiots who go out and get drunk and hunt are morons and give good hunters a bad name.
There are good and bad beekeepers. Idiots who don't maintain their hives. Beekeepers who destroy their hives each year (intentionally) instead of trying to winter their bees.
There are plenty of evil idiots out there in all fields. Hollywood just does a very good job of bringing those to the forefront. If you felt being a beekeeper didn't involve any PR work even on a small basis you will quickly learn otherwise.

I could put all my energy into getting mad at Hollywood but that won't change anything. And cartoons will still win the kids over. I like being able to take what Hollywood does and twist to my advantage. In the end the kids win, so I win.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline DennisD

• House Bee
  • Catchin' the latest buzz
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2008, 12:08:25 am »
Al Gore is hiding in there some where :-D

Of course! Didn't you know Al Gore invented BEEKEEPING?  ;)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2008, 09:38:27 pm »
 That beekeeper sterotype aint so bad....Try being a Pollock before the Aggies came into existence...Whos the scapegoat now? Blondes, isnt it?
Hmmmm,...anyways......I thought all beekeepers were the same as the ones in the movie...At least I am! :-D

your friend,
john

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2008, 11:18:44 pm »
You can bet our "girls" see us exactly that way!  I havn't read one post here where humans were welcomed! :roll: 
I saw the movie last weekend on HBO, it was cute..cartoon movies are just that..no matter how hard I try Chels doesn't see me as the "evil stepmother"...**sigh**maybe one day! :evil:  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2008, 11:09:53 am »
That beekeeper sterotype aint so bad....Try being a Pollock before the Aggies came into existence...Whos the scapegoat now? Blondes, isnt it?

You were a fish?  I thought an aggie was a type of pretty stone... :?

Rick

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2008, 11:15:32 am »

You were a fish?  I thought an aggie was a type of pretty stone... :?

Now that was funny.  :-D

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2008, 06:48:15 pm »
 That was FUNNY alright!!!
 Took me a minute though( whattaya expect...I'm a FISH!) but I laughed my gum onto my lip!
 An "Aggie" is someone who goes to school at Texas A&M university ;)

your friend,
john

anything