Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Team player  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Buz Green

• House Bee
Team player
« on: November 10, 2010, 12:53:31 am »
At one point during a game, the coach called one of his 9-year-old baseball players aside and asked, 'Do you understand what cooperation is?  What a team is?'  The little boy nodded in the affirmative.

'Do you understand that what matters is whether we win or lose together as a team?'  The little boy nodded 'yes'.

'So,' the coach continued, 'I'm sure you know, when an out is called, you shouldn't argue, curse, attack the umpire, or call him a pecker-head.  Do you understand all that?'  The little boy nodded 'yes' again.

He continued, 'And when I take you out of the game so another boy gets a chance to play, it's not good sportsmanship to call your coach 'a dumb ass' is it?'  The little boy shook his head 'NO'.

'GOOD', said the coach.

'Now go over there and explain all that to your grandmother.'
I know you think you understand what you thought I said I meant but what you heard is not what I said.

www.greenbeecompany.com

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: Team player
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 08:48:04 am »
It's always nice to have grandma in your cheering section  ;)
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:04:13 pm »
 :lau:

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 01:18:20 am »
OH! that brings back so many memories of coaching baseball and soccer.  I simply loved working with the kids, giving my time and money for the honor of teaching sportsmanship and athletic skills for the betterment of the upcoming generation but GAWD! those parents were UNBAREABLE!
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

anything