Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What a Month!  (Read 6138 times)

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
What a Month!
« on: February 01, 2009, 08:08:30 am »
Not sure if everyone looks at stats of the forum. But in the month of January, the beemaster forum added 117 new members, 5095 new posts, and 605,190 pages viewed. John may not want to toot his own horn, so I'll do it for him.

And I for one, am happy the site is growing by leaps and bounds. I love a forum that has much chatter, and new posts constantly to read. I not only look to a bee forum for bee knowledge, and a place to help others, but also for a place for entertainment. And I am very happy about having this site to recommend to others, knowing they can come here and seek the answers they need.

Thank you to John, and all the members of beemaster.  X:X
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline justgojumpit

• House Bee
Re: What a Month!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 08:10:52 pm »
 :cheer: X:X

I'll second that!  Cheers and a great applause for beemaster!!!

justgojumpit
Keeper of bees and builder of custom beekeeping equipment.

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 08:25:15 pm »
To The Man!!!  X:X X:X X:X

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 09:02:55 pm »

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 09:08:52 pm »
 X:X definitely kudos to John.

Thanks
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 09:51:28 pm »
Laying it on thick, huh Mike. My wife's next question would be, OK, what do you want? :-D

All kidding aside, beemaster is all that you said it is and more. Also, have you guys and gals ever compared this site to others? It is sooooo user friendly, and has all the amenities that makes things really special, such as spell check, ease of posting pics, links, and we have ventrillo voice chat and text, smilies out the yin yang, etc...

Yes, kudos to John and all the administrators!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline BULLSEYE BILL

• House Bee
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 03:55:43 am »
Not sure if everyone looks at stats of the forum. But in the month of January, the beemaster forum added 117 new members, 5095 new posts,

Looks like about 20% of those posts were yours.  ;)

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 07:38:25 am »
Not sure if everyone looks at stats of the forum. But in the month of January, the beemaster forum added 117 new members, 5095 new posts,

Good one Bill..... :-D

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline Davepeg

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 06:30:19 pm »
As someone who is still learning, I can't begin to say what this site has meant to me.  Whenever I have had a question, I have received an answer in less than 2 hours.  sure beats those help numbers (press 1 for this, 2 for that).  I know I have told at least 25 people about this website (just told a neighbor today). 
Thanks to John and all the members who make this such a great site.
We love the girls...

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 07:23:35 pm »

Cool Bully Eye Bill you get it    ;)

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 08:26:15 pm »
this forum has helped me out a lot, I have returned the favor a couple times helping others, but some of the thing that happen to others and posted on here that I have never seen before has helped me learn so in case it ever happens to me I will have a head start.

I will tell yaw what!!!! if you ever in New Jersey stop by Johns home and you will be welcomed with open arms, I stopped by Johns last year on my way to Maine for the Lobster fest and I felt like I was stopping at one of my Families home's, John and Tracy treated us like Family, on our way home we stayed at his place again, my wife and kids plus myself had a very warm and good time with John and Tracy, it was his new home and I think we was the first stay over guest, found out John has some big cats (in the house) and big groundhogs in his back yard, if you ever in his area for a little while I would stop by and say hello, one of the nicest pair of people I ever meet. 
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 09:34:36 pm »
>>>>this forum has helped me out a lot, I have returned the favor a couple times helping others, <<<<

It is a poor teacher who doesn't learn from his students.

Yes, it works both ways, I learn from one and pass it on to another. That's the joy of it all.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BULLSEYE BILL

• House Bee
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 09:40:22 pm »
That's great news!  We usually take a tour bus with fifty to seventy five people up to Pa every August, and we were looking for a place to stay for a few nights.  We'll probably stay at Bjorns for a while too.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 11:10:31 pm »
That's great news!  We usually take a tour bus with fifty to seventy five people up to Pa every August, and we were looking for a place to stay for a few nights.  We'll probably stay at Bjorns for a while too.

Come on up a little early this year, for the picnic on July 18th.

Campers, tenters, and hay loft sleepers are welcome. Shower and bathroom facilities are open. The picnic is a family affair and although alcohol is served, it's very low key and a family thing. But a Friday night "pre-picnic" pig roast and kegger, could be easily arranged....  :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 06:38:54 am »
Bjorn:

I just mapquested your location, that's about the 1/2 way mark from me to Buzzbee, at around 2.5 to 3 hours from me to you. Concidaring the scope of the membership here, we are neighbors :)

Just a thanks to the kind words here, it was a banner month, equal to a good average Spring month membership when we have our highest numbers.

Welcome to all the new members, I hope you find friends, learning and entertainment here. I want to thank the Mods especially, who often put up with a moody founder who can only excuse his moodiness to having become progressively sicker over the years. It's not fun being sick and adding brain issues to my list really has made some of my thinking clouded.

Having a group of support at the mod level is important, it is a first line defense that makes our forum so special, I don't want them to ever think I don't know how hard they work and how easy their labors have made it for us all  X:X X:X  to them!!!

P.S. TED... Meeting you and your family and having you here with us was our pleasure, I hope we dispelled some of those Yankee Stereotypes - I just know that people are people, or regions of origin carve us some, I have never met more polite people than those from the South and that is one stereotype to be proud of!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 09:31:02 pm »
Bjornbee.  What a beautiful thread you have created, you have began a place where you will see so many members chime in and give our thanks for all being a part of a great and wonderful forum.  We are here!!!!  We all make this place a safe and secure place to live, in our little cyberworlds.  The work that is done behind the scenes I have commented upon again and again, and will always comment upon, again and again, I can go on about things, many know this thing, smiling.... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to thank John for many, many years ago beginning our forum, I want to thank all the wonderful Moderators, who, along with John too, that work so hard, to keep things clean and wonderful, safe, happy, running so smoothly, whooda thunk!!!  And now...what more can I say, but thankyou again, and all my forum friends, I thank you all for being who you are too, we all make this a special place in time.  Have that most wonderful and awesome day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beemused

• New Bee
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 12:49:26 am »
The internet has accomplished many more good things than bad and changed the way we learn about and expand all facets of our lives including acquaintances. The shared knowledge from this forum is amazing and gives myself and I know others a place to find answers that would either go unanswered or be costly to discover on our own. Had the huge amount of resources on the internet been available when I was younger I many times have wondered where it would have changed my life.
Thanks Al Gore, for inventing it.  :-D   And thanks Beemaster for putting up with us!

Bruce
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 09:00:48 am »
Beemaster,
Perhaps later in the summer when my busy time is over, I'll make a trip over. Perhaps some other area beemaster people would like to meet and make a field trip for the day out of it. I know I'll be up for it.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org

Offline hollybees

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 09:40:34 am »

Hello Everyone!
I can't even express how important this forum is to me. I just turned 50, raised 3 kids, my wife and I have been married for 28yrs.
Always worked long hours with lots of stress..... :'(

My point??.......

Beekeeping is by far the most interesting thing I've "EVER" done and this forum is my learning lifeline.

Thanks, to John..."The Man" and to all the great members who generously share their wonderful wisdom and experience! X:X
I hope to be able to "give back" to other newbees as you folks have given to us. That's the way it works right......

Bjornbee...great post!
Nice opportunity to say thanks  :-D

Paul

Offline Dan Williamson

• New Bee
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 05:47:42 pm »
Ya know... I see this kinda thing all the time in business.... We call it brown nosing....  kissing butt....  whatever.... Mike, you trying to be the teachers pet?    :roll: :shock: :-D

J/K....  nice site... keep up the good work.

anything