Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: new member  (Read 3446 times)

Offline rphillips1

• New Bee
« on: January 31, 2009, 12:57:08 pm »
New member here. Just call me hawk. I live way back in the sticks of West Virginia. I started keeping bees at about 11 yrs. old.
and I hope to make a lot of new friends here! ___hawk.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 02:04:42 pm »
Welcome to the forum Hawk.

Making friends is easy here.....it's understanding them that is the problem... :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 02:15:13 pm »
Welcome to the forum Hawk.

Making friends is easy here.....it's understanding them that is the problem... :-D

How true :-D
Welcome Hawk!
Are you closer to twelve or fifty?(You said you've kept bees since you were eleven!!) :lol: :lol:

Offline rphillips1

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 02:34:18 pm »
lol I'm 32yrs. old

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 08:16:27 pm »
Hello and Welcome Hawk
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 08:40:35 pm »
New member here. Just call me hawk. I live way back in the sticks of West Virginia. I started keeping bees at about 11 yrs. old.
and I hope to make a lot of new friends here! ___hawk.

I did too, The Summer I turned 11, I was 10 when I got my first hive that was the Spring of 1959...50 years ago this year.  Great isn't it.  You must of had a mentor even if it was "just" family.
Welcome.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline rphillips1

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 08:56:30 pm »
To be honest I was scared to death when I got my first stand of bees. There was an elder man that lived down the road when I was a kid
and was a beekeeper all his adult life(a little over 60 yrs.) To make a long story short he set me up with my first stand and tought me what he
knew.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 10:37:27 pm »
Welcome....

Your mama got you about the same year I got my first hive. 1977.

Must have been a good year.   :lol:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 10:54:23 pm »
Hawk.  Welcome to our forum.  Wow, in the sticks eh?  I love that, I would love to live in the sticks, somewhere totally away from the world.  You have been keeping bees for a very long time.  So...this can be a place where you can meet new friends, that you will, this will be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences, and spend some wonderful time.  I would love to hear more about what you have been up to for your life, when you have the time, we love to listen.  Have a most wonderful, beautiful and awesome life, day, attract great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline rphillips1

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 11:12:09 am »
 Thanks Cindi! Everyone here at the forum has been realy good to me. I love the videos and cool pics. You should make a trip to WV when you can.
There's not much to do but the views are awsome. As soon as I figure out how I'll put up some pics of where I live. Well I gotta get back to the shop.
 I was counting all the extra frames lastnight and saw that I had way too many brood frames. Maybe I'll slip on over to the trading post and see if any-
body is interested in them.---hawk

Offline jdpro5010

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 03:41:21 pm »
Welcom Hawk, I wish I were in the sticks also!  You'll enjoy yourself here for sure!

Offline rphillips1

• New Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 04:09:43 pm »
  thanks jd

anything