Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I'm BAAAAACK! Again!  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
I'm BAAAAACK! Again!
« on: February 28, 2015, 04:48:37 pm »
If you've been on the forum for a long time, you might remember me.  If not, my name is Sean Kelly from Buckley, WA USA!  I've been keeping bees for almost 10 years, but have been out of the loop after loosing my entire apiary to disease and a rascally bear.  I ended up burning all the dead hives and supers (only keeping the equipment that I didn't use) and gave up for the last couple seasons.  I figured my life as a beekeeper was over and it was time to move on.
Well, I missed everyone here on the forum and I REALLY missed beekeeping.  After spending the entire winter crying to myself, I decided to jump back into it!  So today I placed a big order with Western Bee Supply and will be ordering packages with a local supplier sometime later this week!  I also ordered one of every type of bee medication sold to create my own personal pharmacy.  I refuse to loose any bees again!  Oh yeah, and I'm a avid banjo picker, husband, dad of two goofy little girls, and truck driver!

- Sean
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Re: I'm BAAAAACK! Again!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 04:54:35 pm »
  Good to see you are still pushing the big wheels Sean. Welcome back.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 08:41:12 pm »
Thanks Geoff!!!
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 07:24:28 am »
Welcome back Sean, and I hope you get a better start this time. We'll be watching for ya. Did ya ever finish your Jeep project?

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 09:57:01 am »
Yah buddy!  Glad to hear the thrown in towel was ejected forcibly.
   Get those bees set up and growing, and find local queens, you wont have "as much" of a struggle.  Doing so made a vast difference in the winter survival of my hives here in Iowa.
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 10:33:50 pm »
Welcome back
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 11:17:31 pm »
Welcome back Sean, and I hope you get a better start this time. We'll be watching for ya. Did ya ever finish your Jeep project?

Hey Ken,
I actually sold the Jeep Wagoneer last year after I traded in my pickup for a 2004 Jeep Wrangler.  I've also since purchased a 1947 Willys CJ-2A jeep that has become my new project.

Sean

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:47:33 pm »
> I ended up burning all the dead hives and supers

There is one and only one reason to burn a sound (as in one that hasn't rotted to pieces) hive and that is AFB.  Don't waste hives by burning them...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything