Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: laying worker or Immature queen  (Read 6776 times)

Offline billdean

• House Bee
Re: laying worker or Immature queen
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2019, 11:07:17 am »
Better pic. I hope

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2019, 01:21:15 pm »
That is laying workers. They started when the excluder was on. If the new queen and worker brood didn't stop them, then shaking out is the way I would go.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Oldbeavo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2019, 05:56:28 pm »
Before it goes to total chalk there is a small discoloured spot on the larvae, that is the start of the chalk brood.
Do you have access to queen cells from a queen breeder, adding a cell that is ready to hatch may work as the bees will treat it as a supersedure and accept the new queen.

Offline TheHoneyPump

• Queen Bee
  • Work Hard. Play Harder.
laying worker or Immature queen
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2019, 06:13:59 pm »
Post #5 and #12
When the lid goes back on, the bees will spend the next 3 days undoing most of what the beekeeper just did to them.

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2019, 07:40:15 pm »
I recently had a older queen started doing this, almost like she had a plug and then multi eggs like this, I think she was laying blanks and culled her, new queen and it?s back on track.I too thought laying worker but like stated before it was in the bottom and then found the queen and watched her drop a couple eggs in one cell.

Offline billdean

• House Bee
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2019, 12:06:26 am »
Post #5 and #12

Thank you Pump?..I did see those posts. I have shaken the bees out of that hive and dismantle it. They ended up in the hive next to it.  Hopefully the laying worker bees don't start up there and try to kill that queen!

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2019, 12:31:44 am »
Post #5 and #12

Thank you Pump?..I did see those posts. I have shaken the bees out of that hive and dismantle it. They ended up in the hive next to it.  Hopefully the laying worker bees don't start up there and try to kill that queen!

I hope it all works out for you Bill. Let us know how it all works out. This post has been very educational and I look forward to learning even more. In the mean time, Tell me about your dog in the picture.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline billdean

• House Bee
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2019, 01:55:24 pm »

I hope it all works out for you Bill. Let us know how it all works out. This post has been very educational and I look forward to learning even more. In the mean time, Tell me about your dog in the picture.
[/quote

The dog is Taffy. She is a 13 year old Border Collie. She is my first love! The bees are my second.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2019, 11:03:07 pm »

[/quote

The dog is Taffy. She is a 13 year old Border Collie. She is my first love! The bees are my second.

I thought so, I have a male 10 years d Named Happy
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2022, 11:01:58 am »
Still have your dog Bill?

Phillip