Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Calling All Movie Makers! (Need Your Feedback!!!)  (Read 4832 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Calling All Movie Makers! (Need Your Feedback!!!)
« on: January 22, 2011, 06:21:56 pm »
Thinking of exploring other video upload options such as Vimeo and would like your feedback as to what works best for you. Anything out there with less buffering, better picture quality than youtube?

I'm running an Imac I purchased this past May.

Thanks!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline deknow

• Field Bee
    • Golden Rule Honey, LLC
Re: Calling All Movie Makers! (Need Your Feedback!!!)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 02:00:52 am »
i've got a vimeo account (the one that costs $26/year or something), and love it.  i have a lot of backlogged video footage, but no time, computer power, or bandwidth to get it uploaded regularly.

i'm allowed unlimited storage space, with 5gb/week upload limit...amount of time obviously depends on resolution.

what i do have up tends to be beekeeping talks, but i shot this short sequence as a test of a kodak zi8 (a sub $200 hd video camera with a simple Instamatic lens...looks like a cell phone).  slowed down to 20% speed.  watch each bee clean off her antennae before taking off!

deknow

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:26:39 am »
JP:

I have an I7 processor, with cable modem, 2 gig video card and RARELY ever have an buffering issues even at 1080P on Youtube.

If I were to guess, you need to choose a lower resolution of video to watch, and Youtube allows up to 5 sets of viewing resolutions. It gets down to always your computer or your data stream - seems any Mac machine should be good with video, so I can only imagine something in your internet feed.

I record and play stuff streaming on my computer (the real test) at 780P res at around 70 frame rate (actual video rate 30) but before I got this flying PC, watching HD home video was tough, the image always lagged the sound. A problem not experienced on the web, just locally. But as more and more content goes 1080P on Youtube, everyone will need a faster video heavy machine to keep up.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:35:39 am »
John, its not just the constant buffering issues but picture quality as well that that I'm griped about. I always upload on the medium quality setting. Think I'll do a little exploring and see what hosts have to offer.

Deknow, really nice footage there!

I spent far too long last night on Vimeo, excellent movie quality on there!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 10:58:43 am »
Deknow........

I like the footage of the :bee: :bee: X:X you got  X:X :bee: :bee:

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 11:02:35 am »
Beautiful little film deknow!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 05:11:31 pm »
I'm cussing at my beautiful Gateway with I7 processor, I have to do a destructive recovery it looks like. Something won't allow the browsers to run, and it IS shutting down Norton on me. I believe I got a virus and to top it all off, all my RESTORE points are gone. I know I have several.

So I'm on my laptop I sed for the first year and a half we lived here. You talk about differences in streaming media - I can't play 720P directly from the computer at 30fps. It looks horrible, through the PC to screen to TV screen. But does well on most streaming video even at that frame rate.

I have 3 meals I made on the new computer, 1 just needs narration, the others editing, but I need to move a lot of files to my terra-backup drive before I recover the computer to the "just out of the box" feel - ugh. All the updates to do, again! This computer hasn't been painless, I still have issues with top of the line war games. A resolution issue that won't let the screen size automatically to the video game. And no matter how I set the resolution, the game screens appear the same size, too big to click on many on-screen buttons.

I did see JP in the Schawee video with the window peak how fast and clear your camera is in the macro mode. It was a short section, but you went from 4ft away to 2 inches and if kept up with the focus perfectly.

I still suggest anyone give  Video Edit Pro 16+ software, it is free for a month, the full program, no watermarks, or shortened video, etc.. It is a $90 program you'll get a month to test drive it and see if it for you. Very powerful, but also with it comes a degree of learning curve.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything