Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Girls are busy today  (Read 1332 times)

Offline gunny

• House Bee
Girls are busy today
« on: February 09, 2008, 02:59:16 pm »
Was out doing some yard work, trimming trees and bushes.  Have some sort of holley bush and it appears to be blooming, girls are working it hard.  Blooming in February?  Temperature is in the mid 60's.  Looks like we will be having an early spring.  Suits me just fine. 

Lost 1 hive this winter.  Kind of expected that as it was one of those hives that just didn't thrive. 

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: Girls are busy today
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 01:21:42 am »
Was out doing some yard work, trimming trees and bushes.  Have some sort of holley bush and it appears to be blooming, girls are working it hard.  Blooming in February?  Temperature is in the mid 60's.  Looks like we will be having an early spring.  Suits me just fine. 

Lost 1 hive this winter.  Kind of expected that as it was one of those hives that just didn't thrive. 

60 degrees!!! You're having a heat wave.  Must be running around in shorts & T-shirt.  Here I'm srtill in the high 30's.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline mlewis48

• House Bee
Re: Girls are busy today
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 07:02:52 pm »
Yesturday we were in the 50's, today the high is in the 20's. It must be nice to be doing yard work. I thought that I would never say that. I am so tierd of winter, someone should shoot that ground hog for seeing his shadow. I did get to go out and check on 4 hives that are in an out yard that I haven't been able to attend to like I wanted to. Added some pollon patties and sugar to get them by. Everyone was stong except for 1. It was not the strongest going into winter, if it makes it I will requeen when they are available and weather permitts it. Good luck and enjoy your yard work.
                                                   Marcus
" Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get"

anything