Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Acherontia atropos  (Read 2535 times)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
Acherontia atropos
« on: December 07, 2006, 05:41:00 am »
I have been visiting my hives yesterday. Bees are working, hives are strong, and have killed a Sphynx atropos at entrance. This Acherontia will not rob honey in this world.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Acherontia atropos
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 09:52:05 am »
Abejaruco another incredible shot.  Now you say that the Ancherontia does not rob honey.  What on earth is it doing going to the hive entrance then.  Does it like wax, like the wax moth?  The bees surely made short work of its life didn't it now.  Fascinating.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 09:33:38 am »
LOoks like a dirty big bug stuck on the front to scare everthing off.  :shock:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 09:39:19 am »
Mick, it does look like a dirty big old bug for sure.  It has an enormous size.  wonder how many stings it actually took to end the life of this monster that obviously had ill intent on the hive.  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service