Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Organic Gardening Article  (Read 3934 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Organic Gardening Article
« on: September 03, 2012, 09:45:34 pm »
The current issue of Organic Gardening that just came out has an article about urban beekeeping featuring a beekeeper in Vancouver, a beekeeper in Chicago, and ME, a beekeeper in Atlanta.  I was so honored that they picked me of all the women beekeepers.  The author said she needed a beekeeper in the south and a woman (the other two are men) and found me.  The article in the print version has about six photos from my beekeeping.  And then, surprise, surprise, when I opened the magazine to the table of contents, there's a photo of me lifting a frame out of the hive as the background for the Contents page.  You could have knocked me over with a feather, I was so stunned.

Anyway, if you want to read the article, you can find it here.  (I don't show up until page 3)

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Organic Gardening Article
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 09:57:53 pm »
That's cool. 

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 10:08:19 pm »
Wonderful Linda!!

As a kid in the 60's I was on the cover of O.G. showing off some of my fathers gardening skills (my brother and sister had their own covers...sis twice).

Congrats!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 10:12:12 pm »
Congrats Linda !
 :)

Offline rusi_s

• Brood
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 05:46:41 am »
Very nice, Linda! A beekeeper-star!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 11:21:12 pm »
Yep, I read about it on your blog and immediately ran out to purchase this issue. I just love the table of contents with you in it. Just beautiful.

I am so proud of you Linda.

Sincerely
Annette