Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Two colonies near Chimney Removed 8/21/10  (Read 1894 times)

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
Two colonies near Chimney Removed 8/21/10
« on: August 22, 2010, 04:01:25 am »
Sorry, I'm not as good as JP and no video either but have pictures to show today's two colony removal. It took 8 hours with two people, much longer than I anticipated. Good thing it was cool California weather today. Two colonies but only caught one queen. More details and pics here: http://losaltoshoneybees.wordpress.com/

I NEED to buy that multi-tool that JP has! That sawzall made it dangerous when I was high up on the ladder today.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Two colonies near Chimney Removed 8/21/10
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 02:21:15 pm »
Hey, great job! Loved the pics.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 02:26:10 pm »
Yeah, I got to get me that multi-tool. Looked at several that ranged from $109-$350. Found one at Northern Tool for $40 bucks. I hink that will suit me just fine.

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 03:42:18 am »
Checked on the new hive today. The bees balled the queen in the cage. Most of the bees are from the lower colony while the Queen is from the upper.
Hope they are only playing with her and will let her live. Will check in a few days.

I have a Harbor Freight store near me, I'm going there this week or next, definitely before my next removal!

anything