Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ok im jealous.......swarms  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
Ok im jealous.......swarms
« on: May 23, 2011, 09:43:32 pm »
I cant stand it anymore JP/HW.  I called about 10 exterminators today and got on there list from removals.  It seems they were glad to do this and they dont like dealing with bees lol.  Said they would gladly call me.  Having a bucket truck helps a lot it seems as they said a lot they find are high up and noone wants to deal with them.  I have very good carpenter skills and all the tools.  Plus a class A contracting licesnce.  You guys got any tips or shall I buy the training video? :-D
www.Valleybeesupply.com
"A responsible beekeeper is a successful one"
Shane C.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Ok im jealous.......swarms
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:55:24 pm »
You can read up and watch videos in the removal forum but nothing can really prepare you but experience. I say just dive right in! We're all here for you if you need advice.

Make sure you have your equipment at the ready/

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 10:42:56 pm »
Im good at diving in lol, no problem with that department.  cant wait!!!  How do you get your calls HW?
www.Valleybeesupply.com
"A responsible beekeeper is a successful one"
Shane C.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:46:07 pm »
Scout each job before deciding.
Take a few easier ones first.
Don't hesitate to refuse one.  OR MORE!!
Take on each one without a rock solid plan. A few vague ideas, yes. Solid plan, NO.
Each job has to be ad libbed as you go along. Each time you make a move, the plan changes.
Be ready to adjust instantly.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*