Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Removal in Gunbarrel, Colorado  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Boom Buzz

• House Bee
Removal in Gunbarrel, Colorado
« on: July 26, 2011, 04:25:45 pm »
My daughter Emily and I did a removal yesterday in Gunbarrel Colorado, a couple of miles from Boulder.  Emily just jumped in a week ago with an interest in helping with the bees.  Plus she was excited to make a few bucks.  Sorry I do not have a picture of her from the adventure yesterday.  Bees were located in a soffit and had been there a few years.  The home owner said they threw out two swarms this year.  He was okay with the hive there, but he was having some work done on his house and the workers had been popped a couple of times.

We got five deep frames of brood comb, three frames of bee board and I went ahead and put two of the darker comb capped honey.  The honey was a little messy but not too bad and I think it will get cleaned up quickly.  

Got popped on the forehead at the end of the day as I was loading everything up. Dang that smarts!   :shock:

John

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:15:15 am by holdthematers »

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
Re: Removal in Gunbarrel, Colorado
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 04:48:23 pm »
Very cool, good job.

Thanks for the pictures

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:24:57 pm »
I was looking for bees in a big old gunbarrel.   Never would have guessed it was a town.   Good pics there.

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:14:54 am »
I was looking for bees in a big old gunbarrel.   Never would have guessed it was a town.   Good pics there.
Me too
Thanks for the pictures

tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln