Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 304031 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #540 on: October 05, 2011, 05:14:42 am »
>I always liked the expression The Bees Knees but I'm not quite that advanced yet.

It's always better to have the bees on your ankles than your knees... you know what happens after they get past there...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline newbeekeeper68

• Brood
« Reply #541 on: October 09, 2011, 04:18:58 pm »
Well, my name kind of speaks for itself. I started beekeeping when I had a large swarm of bees landed in my front yard. Ironically, I had purchased my beginners beekeepers kit the week before. Lucky for me I had made contact with a beekeeper last fall at our local county fair and gave him a call. He laughed at my store and offered his help with collecting the swarm. It took us 3 hours to collect the swarm and placed them in a deep super, which they barely fit.
Since that time, I have split that hive into 4 other hives! These are a great bunch of "free bee". I'm having a great time beekeeping. Also, I was born in 1968, thus the last part of my name.   
Tony
-----------------------
A new beek with 5 hives...fun times!

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #542 on: October 10, 2011, 04:14:57 pm »
Its just the my last name

but on beemasters  note I will tell you my very first name I used at 18 years old

citcelsydosem

which is (me so dyslectic) spelled backward no one ever got it and took me like four minutes to enter it in yahoo

Seeing that I am dyslectic
I think I kept it like 3 months before I gave it up

Offline Myark

• Brood
« Reply #543 on: October 11, 2011, 10:59:56 pm »
Hello!
Great thread. I'm always interested in people's online names.
Back in '96 when I first signed up for email, I had two turkeys, two dogs, two cats, two ducks, and two chickens.  :yippiechick: :yippiechick: :bee: :bee: At that time, I lived in a 10 x 55 trailer that looked like the rendition of Noah's ark in the documentary. So, I had "my ark." So far only one other has had that name, someone in the Netherlands. So if you come across MyArk anywhere in cyber land, it is me,so say howdy.
MyArk

Offline Russman

• Brood
« Reply #544 on: October 16, 2011, 01:24:01 pm »
Hello everybody and you, Well my name was very simple and I bet you can guess how I derived it .Well I am surprised no one has scoopped it yet .So have a nice day.

Offline bayouboy

• New Bee
« Reply #545 on: October 30, 2011, 01:12:21 pm »
Hi all
My name really has nuthing to do with beekeeping,but is more about where I'm from,we have a saying down here,You can take the boy out of the bayou , But you can't take the bayou out of the boy,hence Bayouboy.Bayou country is a unique place,real deep rooted culture,a lot of people still live off of the land,I am a shrimper(summer) duck guide(winter) and a new beekeeper Ya'll come down have some gumbo. :-D   
Mike
Mike

Offline Harpo

• House Bee
« Reply #546 on: October 31, 2011, 07:53:03 am »
Hi all,

well I've actually doubled up on it as I use it for my poultry forum too...

It's the name of my son's black langshan rooster   :)

Well off my real name of Daina plus I'm a 5'10 blonde  :lol:

Offline Salamagundy

• Brood
« Reply #547 on: November 13, 2011, 04:53:42 pm »
Hello from UK.  Some good stories about user names! In the eighties I played in a folk rock band in Hong Kong. My preferred name for the band was 'Salamagundy' (after a Victorian vegetable dish) but I was outvoted and we became 'Frogs in Ginger' (after a popular and delicious dish in the Hong Kong dai pai dongs.) Guess I'm a bad loser.... ;)

Offline Brolroy

• Brood
« Reply #548 on: November 23, 2011, 11:21:22 pm »
Not many Black folks in America keepin' Bees nowadys; so, I slip the Bro (Brother) in front of Lroy (short for, Leroy, with that added country-ness for the Rednecks)... Lookin' forward to learnin' and adding to this forum as a new beekeeper -- and, as a mature adult.
Peace to You and Yours! BroLroy

Offline SkepWrangler

• New Bee
« Reply #549 on: December 19, 2011, 06:31:04 pm »
When I registered, I was looking for something to reflect the rural Southern Arizona where I was raised and now, again, reside. Those who "run cattle" here (some folks might call it "ranching", but around here, that could mean a variety of things, aside from cattle) often refer to a really good cow hand (some folks call them "cowboys" but around here, that isn't a very definitive term) as either a "wrangler" or a "vaquero."  As in "Jimmy's a hekuva wrangler," meaning "I have a lot of respect for Jimmy's horsemanship and knowledge of the cattle business." 
As for the Skep, it wasn't just happenstance.  I've been building my own Langstroth boxes (commercially procured as well as self-built) since 1968.  I've designed a lot of configurations the bees have hated and a few pieces they love.  I haven't tried a woven skep, but I like the concept of beekeeping being an ancient art. 
So I became the SkepWrangler because I want to practice the noble art of beekeeping in a highly proficient manner.

Offline PalmerLakeColo

• New Bee
« Reply #550 on: December 23, 2011, 01:30:51 pm »
Hello, i'm new to beemaster. I chose the name which is obvious to everyone, my local. I know I'll find this forum beneficial and will start beekeeping in the Spring. I appeciate those who participated in the Wildlife Pro Networkseries on "beekeeping". Hope to make new friends here. Merry Christmas everyone!

Offline Bud

• New Bee
« Reply #551 on: December 28, 2011, 06:48:51 pm »
Easy, peasy. That is what I have been called for over 60 years.  8-)

Offline skydiver

• New Bee
« Reply #552 on: January 02, 2012, 07:18:34 pm »
  My member name is carry over from my last hobby, skydiving. I was in the sport for 18 years. Had earned several ratings, static line jump master, static line instructor, and tandem instructor jump master. I have 1100 plus jumps including 3 BASE jumps off the New River Gorge bridge in WV.

Offline tbeenie

• New Bee
« Reply #553 on: January 04, 2012, 03:35:01 am »
The t is for my name Tina and beenie has been a nickname I was given by my brother in law.

Offline Blkpwr

• New Bee
« Reply #554 on: January 10, 2012, 03:06:23 pm »
Carryover from several mustang (car) forums

Offline Bee Busters

• New Bee
« Reply #555 on: January 10, 2012, 11:28:36 pm »
If there's something stange, in your neighborhood.  Who ya gonna call?  Bee Busters!

The first cutout that I did; a friend and I made a Bee Vac.  We accidentally killed more bees than we saved.  There were busted bees all in the vacuum container we had constructed.  It was certianly a trial and error learning exercise.

Offline cajnbeeman

• New Bee
« Reply #556 on: January 16, 2012, 10:29:59 am »
Im a beekeeper, NEW beekeeper, in south Louisiana. Cajun country.

Offline minyamoo

• Brood
« Reply #557 on: January 19, 2012, 01:50:20 pm »
When I was 6 years old I loved Bruce Lee and superman. I was a hyper only child, left alone a lot.
I took my white socks pulled them up as far as possible over my white "long johns" and my white long john long sleve shirt.
I took a colored towel and tucked it in my shirt like a cape. I took wash cloths and put them by my little bicepts like big muscles. Then the coup de gras: a few washcloths for an over sized cod peice.
Then I would run around the house, jumping off the stairs, back of couches, over tables, and screaming MINYA MINYA MOOOOOOOO!

I talked my reluctant cousin Mike into "announcing" me to our parents "ladies and gentalmen minya moo

It has been my online name since 1998.

Offline OMGLeatherworks

• New Bee
« Reply #558 on: January 20, 2012, 10:42:07 pm »
I've recently started working with leather, making various items, and the reaction I get most often when someone new sees one of my items is: Oh My G.d! That is cool!

I wanted to give people an email address if they wanted to contact me specifically about a craft item that I could put on a business card and OMGleatherworks is what my wife came up with and I liked it.

I'm not trying to be commercial here, just telling the story.

JD

Offline buck man

• New Bee
« Reply #559 on: January 21, 2012, 10:59:14 pm »
Well along with only eating natural and raw honey, I also only eat natural meat. Wild fish or venison. Didn't want to be halibut man so buck man was the name that stuck. Raised all my kids on venison fish and honey. :-D
It started out fun with 800 hives...and its still fun with 2500.