Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: new in sutter creek ca  (Read 2270 times)

Offline desmondmegan

• New Bee
new in sutter creek ca
« on: April 27, 2008, 10:40:50 pm »
hello everyone.. i am 22 and have been reading this forum for some time. this is my first year keeping bees. intended to get a package next month. i was at work took a quick break. to my surprise a little swarm of bee outside.. boxed them up. finished up my tbh. threw them in. i want to thank you all for all of the information..

des

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: new in sutter creek ca
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 12:22:32 am »
Des, welcome to posting on our forum, you say you have been reading for some time now, that is cool.  You will have questions, and many of them, ask as many as your heart desires, they will be answered.  Never feel that any question is not worthy of a good response, all questions are good, we are all learning still too.  Good luck with your package next month. Isn't that cool that you hived that little swarm, yeah!!!  Good for you, you are already on the road to the keeper of the bees.  Have the most wonderful and great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline desmondmegan

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 07:06:47 pm »
thanks cindi and everyone at beemaster.

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 10:17:53 am »
Glad you found the site, your gonna love it here! Your off to a great start already!  You'll find no place better to learn from. :)

Offline ElDoBill

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 06:52:43 pm »
Hey Des, welcome.  I'm just up the road from you, to the North in El Dorado.  I'm new to this myself, just starting my second year. 

Offline desmondmegan

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 09:27:03 pm »
thanks hab and ElDoBill. that is just up the road. well i have not screwed up much yet.. i guess if i can build up the hive and get them through the winter.. i am good. i have been stung once.. so far. got rid of the gloves after i knocked down a comb and got honey all over the gloves.

anything