Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Drones coming and going  (Read 6743 times)

Offline Landphil

• New Bee
Re: Drones coming and going
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 12:36:47 am »
I have a few drones still strutting their stuff.  I can hear them from across the yard, downshifting to come in for a landing.  Once on the entrance board they swagger, I mean really let the testosterone ooze on out, and blow through the guards like they weren't there, pretty impressive display of nature giving them their fifteen minutes.  I am developing a whole new respect for the drone, living a little vicariously maybe....

Offline hollybees

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 01:01:19 pm »
Hello,
Great post!  hope I'm not out of line jumping in with this question, but here goes....

I think there are still drones in the hive's and I put mouse guards (the metal ones w/the holes) on last weekend.

Will the mouse guards trap the drones in the hive or will the girls just shove them out the holes???
I've been really worried about this since I put them on.

Thanks in advance
Paul

ps.
If I should have started another post instead of jumping in on this one please let me know....kinda new at this forum thing  :-\

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 08:02:43 pm »
If the holes are 1/4" are larger the drones will get back in if the bees let them, which they probably won't.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin