Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bees removed Oakland, FL 10/21/10  (Read 2291 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Bees removed Oakland, FL 10/21/10
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:19:02 pm »
This one was a bit tricky. The bees ended up in an interior wall (formerly the exterior before an addition was built) and it was so dark we had to work with red light.

We never laid eyes on the queen but, since this was more than an hour away, we vacuumed the bees anyway. I found her two days later in the hive we gave them.

Peggy was anxious to get home quick (this was 10 days after she broke 3 ribs) so we cut the video a little short.

Hope ya'll enjoy!

Oakland bee removal_0001.wmv

Scott

Added: JP, did you realize that youtube accepts up to 15min videos now? Kewl huh?
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bees removed Oakland, FL 10/21/10
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 01:36:09 pm »
Great video.   I liked it how you got the shot of the larger cells next to the smaller brood cells in the comb.   Looked real good.   

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 01:50:14 pm »
Another one well Done

I like the team work

Tom
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:46:43 pm »
That Peggy is a real trooper. You ain't bad your self Scott. I'm happy that you finely got some video's up and going I have enjoyed them all.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline TwoHoneys

• House Bee
    • TwoHoneys
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 09:30:37 pm »
Have I died and gone to Heaven? Nice to see you, Scott and Peggy...you're both so calm and methodical. I'm gonna have to work at getting more relaxed around the bees. Maybe I'll begin repeating to myself, "Be like Peggy."

Liz
"In a dream I returned to the river of bees" W.S. Merwin

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 03:31:03 am »
Scott, the whole time I'm watching I was wondering how you were able to get past that 9:59 mark.  ;)

I was thinking you did some kind of upgrade or something.

Glad to hear of the fifteen minute change, I could use it now and again.

I liked this hive, beautiful combs, very user friendly, nice and wide and long, the best of the best for transfers.

Why am I watching this at 1:30 in the morning? After a long day of doing a cut out myself?

Must fall under that addiction thingy. :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything