Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pictures a friend took.  (Read 7304 times)

Anonymous

Pictures a friend took.
« on: February 28, 2005, 05:38:57 pm »
I would like to share these pictures a friend took one night when it was -50F. My friend is a Newfi

We haven't had any that nice in some time. Ours are also more on the red and white side.

:D Al

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Pictures a friend took.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 06:10:46 pm »
Those are sweet. The look so perfect that I would say a computer made it up, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Anonymous

Pictures a friend took.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 10:49:37 am »
Use you computer and make some up then. I'd like to see them.
Al

Offline Jay

• House Bee
Pictures a friend took.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 04:06:02 pm »
TT
Did you mean by "newfi" that s/he lives in Newfinland? Those pictures are so brilliant that they must have been taken pretty far north! I lived in Maine while I was in boatbuilding school, and even in Maine I never saw the northern lights that clearly! Those are spectacular! :D

By the way, in the last two shots, is that white light John having an OBE!?! :lol:
By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson

Anonymous

Pictures a friend took.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 09:56:14 am »
Yes he is in Newfoundland. Never remember the town/village but it is near where the the mountian has the face, so they call it the old man in the mountian.

As I said we get them here but they are mostly white/reds and real light blues and they do shimmer.

The bright lite is the full moon. don't know What OBE is.

Offline Jay

• House Bee
Pictures a friend took.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 10:07:56 am »
Quote from: trail twister
but it is near where the the mountian has the face, so they call it the old man in the mountian.

At least someone still has one of those left. Did you hear New Hampshires fell apart after how many millions of years?

Quote from: trail twister
don't know What OBE is

http://beemaster.com/beebbs/viewtopic.php?t=2121 :D
-Emerson

Anonymous

Pictures a friend took.
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 03:48:50 pm »
He sends me pictures of it during different events and says things like his hair is green or white now depending on the season. I can never see the face. I keep asking him if they just want to see a face so  it appears for them.

8) Can you see anything in this picture other than a tree? Forget the text part.

Offline Jay

• House Bee
Pictures a friend took.
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 10:29:55 pm »
Well, now that you mention it yes. I didn't see it when you first posted it, but now that you have me looking for it, there appears to be two eyebrow looking things in the middle of the tree, one on each side of the main trunk. And then there's a frowny mouth at the bottom of the tree in the middle. The top of the head is pointy so it makes it look like casper the ghost's mean couisn.

But all of this looks like smoke or the northern lights in the other picture, to me, not a mountain! :D
-Emerson

Anonymous

Pictures a friend took.
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2005, 10:06:12 am »
Yes they are northern lights.
Just commented on the pictures he sends to me saying they are of the old man in the mountian.

The picture I posted is what I call Spirit in the tree watching over the winter garden. I had went out to get some pictures of the falling snow and saw this ?mist? what ever in the tree, I was very suprized when I got it down loaded.

Gettin up at all hours of the night and at all temps just to get pictures of the northern lites has to be bothersome but if you make a fraction of your living sell those types of pictures you do it.

Violacea

Pictures a friend took.
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 03:23:32 am »
Wow, awesome pictures.  I got to see the Northern Lights for the first time last year.
*Way Cool*   8)