Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Triangle bee escapes and brood in the honey supers  (Read 1614 times)

Offline twb

• House Bee
Triangle bee escapes and brood in the honey supers
« on: September 09, 2007, 12:15:26 pm »
When taking off my honey supers I knew I had some with brood in them so I did not even try to use my triangle bee escapes.  Shaking each frame and brushing off the bees was a bit of a pain in more ways than one ;) since there were two or three supers on each hive.  Could I have placed the escape under the lowest honey super and successfully vacated most bees?  I did not think they would leave brood.  Would it have been the wisest thing to place the escape under the lowest super without any brood?
"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."  Proverbs 16:24

Sincerely,
TWB

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Triangle bee escapes and brood in the honey supers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 11:00:12 pm »
They will not leave the brood.

You could put it under the lowest super without brood.  You could also pull the supers off just before sundown and set them on their ends and wait for dark and then take them.  But they still won't leave brood.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
Re: Triangle bee escapes and brood in the honey supers
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 11:25:49 pm »
try a fume board just be careful  with them  RDY-B