Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: If 2012 is SPECTACURALLY GREAT - are you READY???  (Read 14333 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
If 2012 is SPECTACURALLY GREAT - are you READY???
« on: January 27, 2009, 12:00:12 am »
We all think (from time to time) that 2012 seems like the end, what if it is ONLY THE BEGINNING??

Imagine if in 2012 the NEXT STEP IN TECHNOLOGY CHANGES THE WORLD, or a CHANGE IN HUMAN FETUS toward a healthier childhood? Lots and lots of GREAT THINGS will happen by then.

Technolgy, just look at what we could do today with Cellphones, from full length moies to GPS to txt to an actual photo and of couse mp3 player and 12 other Dick Tracey like features.

I'm thinking on this occasion and THIS MAY SOUND a LITTLE FAR OUT FROM ME  :catchchick:

I think the next big product and it already exists - a roll-up and similar to these telphlon cookie tray liner. This say 11x18 screen that rolls up will be the COMPLETE media center through your 3G or future info/data interaction AND THIS IS YOUR TOUCH MONITOR: you will have a  small PC unit and of course a power plant.

If kept in grayscale low light out - or high quality gaming on a bus on a 20 inch monitor on your lap. POWER is always the issues. Public Transit MUST UPDATE THEIR SYSTEM to offer FREE POWER CABLE TO LAPTOPS and FREE WIFI.

The PRODUCT I mentioned is a cookie sheet (big one) rollup affordable screen - it's CPU and bater - and many choose a keyboard and mouse now with cam.

That alone will be a paradygm shift - where we have something about the side of a city size newspaper. That is how this technolgy was started as DAILY NEWS PAPER that would be atached to the rear of every seat on a bus or subway. In the short ride that GEOFF and I went from Port Authority to the to EMPIRE STATE BUILDING  - we had a TV showing HOW he was going, and about 10 channels from tourism, to the governor and mayor welcoming you.

I still will ALWAYS BEG YOU TO TAKE YOUR FAMILY TO WASHINGTON, DC in the FALL - it is a wonderful and hardly any crowds :) I stay in Chevy Chase, MD and take the hallway elevator down to the METRO SUBWAY - go twoward Metro Center - you are on the Yellow line, you simple stay on the yellow to go back to Union Station the Trainstation or SWITCH at METRO CENTER and you go to the SMITHSONIAN for eveything from the WW2, Reflective pool, View Nam Wall, Korea and others to the Lincoln memorial - for these ALWAYS TAKE SMITHSONIAN not FOGGY BOTTOM which looks enticing - it is a long serious uphill grade away from the subway toward anything north - MANY steeeeeep blocks.

Same goes, if you are going to Air and Space, Hirshorn, the Mall, Capitol,across the Mall from Archive, American and Natural history and others - for THAT get of at Lan Fant (sp) It goes right to the back of the air and Space, you can spend a whole day there.

I would love to see an OVER NIGHT - MAYBE 2 NIGHTS Beemaster Forum Members WASHINGTON DC Gathering. Nothing fansy, we all shakehands, have lunch somewhere we find, enjoy meeting everyone else - allow 4 hours to meet and walk around DC if you wish. It would be a lot of fun.

Another good place is BALTIMORE INNER HARBOR during the cooler (not freezing, just cooler weather) and seeing the 3D Imax, the Aquarium, a building that I think is 6 sided and called the World Trade Center of Baltimore. You can go 28 floors up and look around where Fort McHenry and Ole' Glory which flew right there in the American History - the flag that stood at the last significant battle of the Revoutionary war.

Water Taxi - cosy you $5 for a had sticker that lets you ride around the harbor to Fort Mcenry - incldes a free bus ride to the fort for a long enjoyable walk aroung the fort. Lots of photos, well preserved.

a water taxi to Little Italy and so on. As a group we use our heads and take TAXIS at night to EVERY WHERE - it is NOT a safe city to walk anywhere.

So, without taking a poll - either 1 or 2 days or done in BALTIMORE INNER HABOR (very affordable - I can order rooms at nearly half off with the Fed ID Card, so I look for less expensive places so more people can attend,

That Embassy Suite I stay in about 10 miles North of Smithsonian subway exit that SUITE (not just a room) ost $325 a night, I get for $109 as a Gov Emplyee) we save a ton on trips and it is encouraged.

Ok KEN.... YOU GET TO SPLIT THAT ON UP  :whip: :cindi:
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: If 2012 is SPECTACURALLY GREAT - are you READY???
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 11:44:34 pm »
We all think (from time to time) that 2012 seems like the end, what if it is ONLY THE BEGINNING??

It is both the end of the end and the beginning of a new beginning.

Imagine if in 2012 the NEXT STEP IN TECHNOLOGY CHANGES THE WORLD, or a CHANGE IN HUMAN FETUS toward a healthier childhood? Lots and lots of GREAT THINGS will happen by then.

Technolgy, just look at what we could do today with Cellphones, from full length moies to GPS to txt to an actual photo and of couse mp3 player and 12 other Dick Tracey like features.

Actually we won't have to resort to all that technologies as we have access to powers that we only have inklings of now: ESP, metal telepathy, etc.

I'm thinking on this occasion and THIS MAY SOUND a LITTLE FAR OUT FROM ME  :catchchick: 

Not at all:  :tumbleweed:

I think the next big product and it already exists - a roll-up and similar to these telphlon cookie tray liner. This say 11x18 screen that rolls up will be the COMPLETE media center through your 3G or future info/data interaction AND THIS IS YOUR TOUCH MONITOR: you will have a  small PC unit and of course a power plant.

If kept in grayscale low light out - or high quality gaming on a bus on a 20 inch monitor on your lap. POWER is always the issues. Public Transit MUST UPDATE THEIR SYSTEM to offer FREE POWER CABLE TO LAPTOPS and FREE WIFI.

The PRODUCT I mentioned is a cookie sheet (big one) rollup affordable screen - it's CPU and bater - and many choose a keyboard and mouse now with cam.

That alone will be a paradygm shift - where we have something about the side of a city size newspaper. That is how this technolgy was started as DAILY NEWS PAPER that would be atached to the rear of every seat on a bus or subway. In the short ride that GEOFF and I went from Port Authority to the to EMPIRE STATE BUILDING  - we had a TV showing HOW he was going, and about 10 channels from tourism, to the governor and mayor welcoming you.

Have you seen those movies where the hero can move things around on a screen that seems to hang in mid air, like on night rider?  That's what we'll have and can call it up almost anywhere.  Imagine a 3D hologram for a computer.

I still will ALWAYS BEG YOU TO TAKE YOUR FAMILY TO WASHINGTON, DC in the FALL - it is a wonderful and hardly any crowds :) I stay in Chevy Chase, MD and take the hallway elevator down to the METRO SUBWAY - go twoward Metro Center - you are on the Yellow line, you simple stay on the yellow to go back to Union Station the Trainstation or SWITCH at METRO CENTER and you go to the SMITHSONIAN for eveything from the WW2, Reflective pool, View Nam Wall, Korea and others to the Lincoln memorial - for these ALWAYS TAKE SMITHSONIAN not FOGGY BOTTOM which looks enticing - it is a long serious uphill grade away from the subway toward anything north - MANY steeeeeep blocks.

Same goes, if you are going to Air and Space, Hirshorn, the Mall, Capitol,across the Mall from Archive, American and Natural history and others - for THAT get of at Lan Fant (sp) It goes right to the back of the air and Space, you can spend a whole day there.

I would love to see an OVER NIGHT - MAYBE 2 NIGHTS Beemaster Forum Members WASHINGTON DC Gathering. Nothing fansy, we all shakehands, have lunch somewhere we find, enjoy meeting everyone else - allow 4 hours to meet and walk around DC if you wish. It would be a lot of fun.

Another good place is BALTIMORE INNER HARBOR during the cooler (not freezing, just cooler weather) and seeing the 3D Imax, the Aquarium, a building that I think is 6 sided and called the World Trade Center of Baltimore. You can go 28 floors up and look around where Fort McHenry and Ole' Glory which flew right there in the American History - the flag that stood at the last significant battle of the Revoutionary war.

Water Taxi - cosy you $5 for a had sticker that lets you ride around the harbor to Fort Mcenry - incldes a free bus ride to the fort for a long enjoyable walk aroung the fort. Lots of photos, well preserved.

a water taxi to Little Italy and so on. As a group we use our heads and take TAXIS at night to EVERY WHERE - it is NOT a safe city to walk anywhere.

So, without taking a poll - either 1 or 2 days or done in BALTIMORE INNER HABOR (very affordable - I can order rooms at nearly half off with the Fed ID Card, so I look for less expensive places so more people can attend,

That Embassy Suite I stay in about 10 miles North of Smithsonian subway exit that SUITE (not just a room) ost $325 a night, I get for $109 as a Gov Emplyee) we save a ton on trips and it is encouraged.

Ok KEN.... YOU GET TO SPLIT THAT ON UP  :whip: :cindi:

Sounds good, one of the reason's we're here is to learn as much as we can, mostly about physical life. 
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Saltcreek

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 08:29:24 pm »
Well I hope we get to see and try this new technology before Dec 21, 2012. That's when the Mayan Calendar says the end of the world happens, although it may be sooner the way the Government is trying to save us from ourselves!

Offline wayne

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 12:46:07 pm »
  I'm still waiting on that flying car I was supposed to have by now.
  Hmmmmm, if 2012 IS the end of the world, and it falls on the last year of the current Presidents term, then this is the LAST President we will have.
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:18:59 pm »
  Hmmmmm, if 2012 IS the end of the world, and it falls on the last year of the current Presidents term, then this is the LAST President we will have.

Is this your car

http://www.terrafugia.com/

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 01:21:59 pm »

I heard Micheal Jackson bought one
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 04:06:50 am »

I heard Micheal Jackson bought one

If Michael Jackson were to buy a flesh colored one would it be white or black?
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 04:48:51 am »
Now.... please don't make fun of Michael Jackson, it can't be easy growing up a shelter small fat black boy and grow up a tall skinny white woman! Have some compassion!!!!

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 12:25:23 am »
Ok...Upon contemplating this 2012 thing for quite some time now, i think I have some idea of what we might have happen to change the world as we know it!
 An EMP would sure change things!!! (Electro magnetic Pulse) It could possibly happen from a solar storm throwing out stuff at the earth kinda like the Northern lites, except it fries capacitors in electric stuff! If this is the case, this could cover the whole world....If the EMP was to come from a nuclear explosion in the upper atmosphere, it could be only a regional event. at any rate, some scientists think an EMP is totally possible as there is supposed to be crazy solar storms starting in 2011.
 Maybe Ive been reading to many books about world catastrophies!..Kinda like I did with Y2k!
coool, huh?
your friend,
john

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 06:51:35 am »
this is just odd i clicked on this sucker to say that it was read 666 times way crazy know it has nothing to do with the post just kinda got me a little spooked.
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 05:04:48 pm »
this is just odd i clicked on this sucker to say that it was read 666 times way crazy know it has nothing to do with the post just kinda got me a little spooked.

:lau: :lau: :lau: :lau: On 666

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 08:50:34 pm »
Oh Man, Hankdog!
 Now youre freakin me out! 2012 was enuff! Now....666?
Yarrrggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

your friend,
john

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 10:40:13 pm »
you were going on about technology and power. I can't remember where I saw the article, but they've already developed a cell phone that charges its battery during idle time on radio waves.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 08:11:41 am »
Don't forget all the people who see 11:11 and 3:33 on clocks that they only peek at once or twice a day. Numbers are common things and some are quite remarkable to see reoccurring patterns in.  11:11 has aways plagued me, until my wife woke me at 3:33am because a carbon monoxide detector went off (turned out to be low batterry warning) but just that evening I saw 11:11pm as I switched of the kitchen stove hood light before going to bed. Weird stuff.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 09:21:11 pm »
Was one of my post to this deleted?  :?

I posted asking hankdog1  what he was going to do when he reached his 665 post? Will he post the next one?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 10:42:03 am »
Was one of my post to this deleted?  :?

I posted asking hankdog1  what he was going to do when he reached his 665 post? Will he post the next one?

Can't imagine Jerry, must of been a glitch if so. Or maybe you typed 666 one too many times and Bad Mojo did it for you  :evil:

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 02:54:54 pm »
I ran into Bad Mojo one time and I spanked his little bottom  :-D

My computer or the Internet connection has been acting up lately. But I was sure I saw it post and then the next time here it was gone.  :idunno:

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 02:58:56 pm »
Imagine if in 2012 the NEXT STEP IN TECHNOLOGY CHANGES THE WORLD,

2012 is going to be a reboot.  save your files!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 03:05:50 pm »
Reboot.... when you kick someone's butt the second time.  :roll:

Offline Cheryl

• House Bee
  • top bar beekeeper
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 03:41:02 pm »
Don't forget all the people who see 11:11 and 3:33 on clocks that they only peek at once or twice a day. Numbers are common things and some are quite remarkable to see reoccurring patterns in.  11:11 has aways plagued me, until my wife woke me at 3:33am because a carbon monoxide detector went off (turned out to be low batterry warning) but just that evening I saw 11:11pm as I switched of the kitchen stove hood light before going to bed. Weird stuff.
Ditto. This is happening to me very often. I see those, 4:44 and 2:22 or 12:22, etc.

For years and years (+25), I have seen :42 ... the hour may vary, but it's always 42 minutes. It started out being mostly 7:42 and 1:42. I was in highschool when that began. AFTER it started, I was introduced to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy... and the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything (which is 42).

Someone/something has been communicating with me for years, I just don't know what the message is......... yet.
We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle

anything