Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Just todays thought !!  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Just todays thought !!
« on: November 12, 2007, 11:41:58 pm »
I visited the local cemetery yesterday.

There I saw four coffin bearers walking around with a coffin.

Two hours later they were still walking around with it.

I thought to myself: "These blokes have lost the plot!"

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Burl

• House Bee
Re: Just todays thought !!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 01:13:17 am »
Geoff ,  Maybe they had told their friend in the coffin that they would never
                                " let him down ."  A very grave situation indeed .

---Burl---
Of all the things I've ever been called ;
I do like "Dad" the most .   ---Burl---

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 08:01:21 am »
 :lol: :lol:

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 06:27:56 pm »

Good one Burl.

But as Spike Milligan said "I'm not afraid of dying I just don't want to be there when it happens."
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 10:34:36 pm »
Dying's not so bad, it's the coming back to life afterward that's the bummer. Twice I've arrived at the Pearly Gates (so to speak) and twice I've been told, "Sorry mate, it's not your time to go. "  I'm hoping the 3rd times the charm and they'll let me stay.  But in the mean time I can tell people I've probably been kicked out of both heaven and the fiery basement.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:27:56 am by Brian D. Bray »
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 12:52:31 am »
Brian, that is one strange happening, eh?  Do you have any recollection of the after death?  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, greatest of health.  Cindi (how did you die?  I am so dang curious, sorry).
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Burl

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 12:58:40 pm »
 Professor Pierre and Madame Marie Curie were pioneers in the scientific field of the study of radiation and it's effects .  They had a lead lined box with uranium in it that they used to contain and expose different things to radiation.  This box they called an "oscity".   Well  , one day they left the door of the box open while it was unattended , and their pet cat climbed inside to investigate .  The cat was overcome with radiation poison and later expired
( ie. : assumed room temperature ) .  It seemed " Currie's oscity "  killed the cat .                                                 ---Burl---
Of all the things I've ever been called ;
I do like "Dad" the most .   ---Burl---

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 11:05:40 pm »
Burl, that one had me going to a minute, hee, hee.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 01:36:05 am »
Brian, that is one strange happening, eh?  Do you have any recollection of the after death?  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, greatest of health.  Cindi (how did you die?  I am so dang curious, sorry).

I was beat rather severely ( more than 1/2 to death) while I was a police officer.  I was also in a very serious patrol car accident when the rookie I was training didn't do what I told him to.  Then there are the times I asked if I could die because I was in such great pain and was told, "No, it's not your time.  You still have assignments left to complete."  That's were I get my "Life's a School, what have you learned," from.  If you've ever had the opportunity to die and lived to tell about it, you know that taking your own life is not an option.  The best way to fail salvation (what some call rapture) is to commit suicide.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 09:46:44 am »
Brian, you had a hard life as a patrol officer, I now remember you speaking about the things that had happened to you that threatened your very life.  Suicide, the unforgivable sin, yes, I remember those teachings.

You must have a very important role in life, that is to raise your family, if you had gone, then it would have been put on your Wife, that would have been hardship.

I am glad that you never did pass through, you have a very valuable teacher of good lessons to me, and I listen and learn carefully.  Have a wonderful and great day.  Cindi