Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: # 18 on the rack.  (Read 2335 times)

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
# 18 on the rack.
« on: March 25, 2013, 10:02:02 pm »
Ran the traps today. Found a small swarm in one. 
Nothing to brag about today. Just a small swarm in a trap. But I will take it and smile.
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
Re: # 18 on the rack.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 10:11:24 pm »
Hey Bailey,

How much woodware do you have anyway??????  :) :) :) :) :)

How many more swarms before you run out????

Keep it up dude. I hope to be as good and lucky as you someday.

Congrads.

David
"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 10:13:05 pm »
Dang C.D., you're doing great! Good for you Buddy!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:24:29 pm »
You know between crabbing, fishing, catching swarms and your regular job you are actually supposed to find time to sleep...  :shock: :? :shock:  on top of all that how do you find time stay involved with your lumber company and saw mill it surely takes to house all those bees....  :-D 
Nice job Mr. C D Bailey
Marshall

Moots

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 10:42:27 pm »
You know between crabbing, fishing, catching swarms and your regular job you are actually supposed to find time to sleep...  :shock: :? :shock:  on top of all that how do you find time stay involved with your lumber company and saw mill it surely takes to house all those bees....  :-D 
Nice job Mr. C D Bailey

Hey B,
Don't forget, somewhere in there he still finds time to answer my text and PM's and take my calls with all my newbie bee questions.  :)

Maybe he'll be able to catch up on some rest over the next few days with this little cold snap we're having.

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 10:43:56 pm »
Thanks all.  I took care of the wooden ware during last winter.  
Wound up with 75 nucs with all of them filled with frames ready to roll.

Had to chain myself to the work bench for a weekend to get the frames together but I wanted to at least start with a feeling of being caught up.

So the winter work in the garage freezing my butt off is paying off now!
I still have about 30 trap sites I want to hang nucs in.  Hope to get some more out tomorrow in a nice swampy area.  
Water seems to be the key to my swarm season this year.  
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline gov1623

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 11:20:48 pm »
Sounds like your winter went about the same as mine, But your spring is definitely going better than mine.  I been putting up more swarm traps the last couple of days. I was trying to hold off on putting out too many swarm traps until I get another bee yard going but I'm starting to get jealous. I need to get in on a piece of this action. The whole arsenal of traps is going out Monday.  :-P   Ill worry about the bee yard later. I love swarm trapping.
Who Dat!!!

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 09:22:29 am »
I can see it now!
NEW DISCORVERY CHANEL SERIES>>>>>SWARM CHASERS<<<<<<<
 :-D You can put Raceland on the map
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 10:17:11 am »
Shake Em!, Shake Em! Elizabeth, Shake Em!

Sorry, I was combining "Swamp People" and beekeeping.  There would be camera angles making things look more dangerous than they are and buzzing in the back ground that would get louder when the action was occurring.  Stings would take a whole new sense of urgency with close ups of pulsing stingers in the skin.

Keep up the good luck Bailey.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 10:48:26 am »
If y'all only knew how much I would love to see a show like that on discovery channel! 

I thing it would be a great idea!!!    Perhaps some day the tv people will get smart and get an idea like you guys!   

Especially like the shake em!    Bailey shake em!!    Guess I would have to let them sting some for the shots of stingers pulsing in the venom! 

All I know is I'm going to keep chasing swarms and smiling the whole time at y'all's idea! 

Bailey

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 09:08:23 pm »
shucks baily,  it sho would be easy fo and old fat sucker to ease a hand full bees into them loose scrubs. bet the camera crew would love to see you do a jig and bet it wont be as cute as ziffa doing her swarm shake jig.
to bee or not to bee

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 10:25:23 pm »
Hey Bailey,

based on what I have seen of you videos, I think you would be a sure in for the lead bee catcher.  :)

You had definitely got the voice for it.

David
"Give it All You've Got"

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 10:32:18 pm »
Now I am jealous. I have had only one swarm but we are not yet even started the season here because of the weather. I have about 40 deeps and 25 nucs ready and waiting. If you are getting tired? just send all them up here and I will gladly take care of them for you  ;) :-D

John

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 12:02:10 am »
Bud.
That would be the fastest way to see a naked nurse that I can think of.
Don't get any ideas either! :jawdrop:
Bailey

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 12:10:01 am »
Bailey,

Got my first swarm trap today. Will be placing it soon. Any recommendations on placement. Been doing a lot of reading on the subject but with all your success I was hoping you could learn me something.

Sun, shade, open area, trees?????

I have a tall pole over a grape arbor that is in full sun and near a flowering crab apple tree that the bees seem to love. Sound good or bad???

Help please.

Thanks

David
"Give it All You've Got"

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 12:16:31 am »
Find a bayou or big creek or small river or canal.
Anything that has water all the time. 
Find a good limb about 10 feet up in the tree line and hang it under the limb.
Bailey

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 12:19:41 am »
I have a good sized creek thats got kind of a swampy area there too. I think I'll try that.

Thanks.

David
"Give it All You've Got"

anything