Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: BREAKING BAD  (Read 4699 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
BREAKING BAD
« on: May 26, 2010, 04:11:53 pm »
This series escaped me for 2.5 seasons, although I did watch the pilot, I never followed up on it, until I downloaded the whole series to date and spent a few weekends ago watching it - wow!

I really think this may be one of my favorites of all time in the serious dramatic category. The story follows a man who was cheated out of a partnership in a very wealthy company, became a chemistry teacher and found out he was dying of cancer. By chance, while on a drug bust with his DEA Brother-in-law, he spots an ex-student (a rather mediocre student at best named Jessie) leaving the building through a window as the bust occurs.

Walter the chemistry teacher tracks down Jessie and they form a necessary partnership where they cook Meth in a RV in the dessert together, Jessie to sell with his small group of loser dealers and Walter to make money to leave his family well off after he dies.

Walters meth is the BEST STUFF ever and the cartels want in as he and Jessie go through an incredible relationship as mentor and pupal. It is their relationship which drives the show, the other characters support the story-line, but your interest is always on Walter and Jessie.

What a great show. I hear there are only 3 episodes left (commercial) but not sure if that is for the season or series? It likely could end badly in three shows, but I think it is by far AMC's best rated program, hopefully we'll see another year at least!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: BREAKING BAD
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 06:06:25 pm »
Here Vince Gilligan says a season four and possibly five. I really hate it when great shows have such a short life.

http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2010/03/breaking-bad-vince-gilligan-on-walts-health-when-the-series-might-end.html
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline thebalvenie

• House Bee
  • Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:31:02 am »
i concur.

i absolutely love this show.  the scene in season 3 with hank, walt, and jessie at the trailer is priceless....it's why God invented television
"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 04:08:55 pm »
I liked that trailer scene too - all just feet from each other and trapped inside but still figured a way out - although Jessie surely paid for it!!

The show before this last one (The Fly) was interesting just Walt and Jessie in the lab with Walt losing it more than normal - mostly over concern of Jessie's possible indiscresions with the product. The show after that one dragged a bit, which I can say is probably the FIRST episode I think was slow. But it is obviously leading up to a cliff hanger with Jessie and the Chicken Man - dang good show!

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline thebalvenie

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 04:39:56 pm »
I liked that trailer scene too - all just feet from each other and trapped inside but still figured a way out - although Jessie surely paid for it!!

The show before this last one (The Fly) was interesting just Walt and Jessie in the lab with Walt losing it more than normal - mostly over concern of Jessie's possible indiscresions with the product. The show after that one dragged a bit, which I can say is probably the FIRST episode I think was slow. But it is obviously leading up to a cliff hanger with Jessie and the Chicken Man - dang good show!

yeah, i was convinced t.v. couldn't get any better after the shield, and then breaking bad came along.

"The Fly" episode was key and a great set up.  my dad thought that one was slow, but it's a crucial story to set up what i think will be Walt & Jessie against the chicken man  ;) 

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 12:15:10 pm »
I was thinking for a while that the fly represented Jane (and other dead folks) that kept haunting Walt. But Not really sure about that.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 11:58:33 pm »
Only one week to go this season, Sundays show was a real shocker ending - wow! I hate season ending cliff-hangers, but I see one coming.

I think Jessie is one of the most complex character on TV, you can relate to him on so many levels. He is strong in his convictions, but is very fragile in his weaknesses - I guess that explains a lot of people.

Walt's powerful father-like caring for Jessie comes mainly from Jessie's respect (albeit hard to see among the frequent battling they have) which Jessie shows for Walt.

Glad to see it is coming back for a fourth season, I think it surely is one of those great series that GROWS with each Season, something that WEEDS has long left behind - speaking of which, Weeds will be back in August.

Shame about weeds is I think they should have gone into witness protection 2 seasons ago and I really don't know where they will go with the story line if they don't. Just have to wait for August I guess.

Oh, and about Dexter, I think the cliff-hanger (of his wife being killed by the John Lithgow character) might be a dream sequence, although they do everything possible to persuade you it did happen. How does Dexter go on as a single parent with three kids, will they keep bringing new guest-stars in for each season (ex: Jimmy Schmidt, John Lithgow) and we wait the whole season for Dexter to kill them off, or is there a paradigm shift coming? Will Dexter's sister (his real life wife Jennifer Carpenter) join him on a family vigilanty killing spree.

I've never watched US of Tera, although my wife is watching the season finally now - I imagine I'd really like it and I believe that Sho-time has the best series of the pay channels, leaving HBO in the dust.

Until Breaking Bad, I still believe HBO's OZ was the best dramatic series, and if violence and sheer headcount matters, it was. But I'm losing my love of Entourage, stopped following True Blood and only half cared for Deadwood and forget about Rome. The Sopranos was great the first few seasons and petered off by season 4 with few exciting episodes. It really didn't get good until the end when they started killing of main characters like Christopher.

I really liked Lucky Louie, sort of the honeymooners of our day, and find The Life and Time of Tim to be hilariously funny in "one-line comebacks". I think the silly plot lines Tim gets into are exaggerations of what any of us could find ourselves in. In that respect, how could I leave out Curb your Enthusiasm with Larry David, without a doubt, a show that you could watch reruns of again and again if you understand his humor.

We'll that wraps up my premium channel list I guess. Leaving the pay world of TV, I'll just say I'd enjoy a 24 movie - we'll maybe not at the theater, but somehow it will make its way to my TV eventually :)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 12:21:05 am »
Yeah I hoped it was a Dexter nightmare, but then someone said she had to go because she was holding Dexter back. But yeah, what is to become of the kids. Sure hope the grandmother doesn't get them.

Offline thebalvenie

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 12:55:05 am »
if you've not seen it you all should try "the shield"

it's written off, at times, as a typical "cop" drama.  it's some of the best tv i've ever seen and i think even better than breaking bad or the sopranos.  you have to try it out.  it doesn't have a dull episode...each one has to play off the next and vic mackey is my favorite tv character of all time.

give it a try.

;)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 04:08:00 pm »
I did want to mention the Shield, my wife caught at least the first season and cause of some show conflicts, she got away from watching it. I think I'll get the first season and watch it this weekend to catch up - I even have the option with my 10" Samsung PC (with amazing LED Screen technology) to watch it at lunch at work.

Of course, Tracey may want to see the first season again, it has been quite a few years now :)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 10:04:26 pm »
Final thought on Breaking Bad....

It surely is a great cliff hanger, but I have bet my wife that Jessie turned the gun toward the driver who came to the Lab Assistant to kill that guy (in self defense) rather than the Lab Assistant that would take over for Walter after being killed by Mike the Cleaner. The classic BREAK THE ILLUSION of looking into the camera was the dead give away to me. Only documentaries and comedies do such things, all other shows have people stare about the 10 or 2 o'clock position, never at the camera.

So Jessie turned, shot his gun RIGHT AT THE CAMERA as if someone had came in the room and he had to shift the direction he was shooting. Should be interesting how and what Walter and Jessie and Walters family does in the next season with Chickenman on their trail.