Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New sweetener "puts bees out of business"  (Read 2742 times)

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
New sweetener "puts bees out of business"
« on: March 04, 2008, 12:35:51 pm »
http://www.financialnewsusa.com/news.php?rlsid=781

"The end result is an all-natural sweetener that looks exactly like honey, tastes exactly like honey, and has the same consistency as honey. In fact, it's putting bees out of business."

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
Re: New sweetener "puts bees out of business"
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 02:00:54 pm »
Is this the the "Sugar-free" artificial HONEY (artificial in tiny letters) that has been showing up on shelves?  I don't think that it has put any bees out of business yet...

It is a radical departure from such artificial sweeteners such as Aspartame, Splenda and others that are basically chemical cocktails of one form or another.

This amazing new product is produced by creating an enzymatic degradation of all the natural crops which is then processed and purified.

Enzymatic degradation, processed, purified...boy, I'm sure no chemical cocktails were used to do that  :roll:

I'm sure it's crap and tastes like it too (not having tasted it).  But if there are some diabetics that can enjoy it, well, that is fine.  Just as long as they don't try CALLING it "honey".

Sounds like just another advertising company (SuperVision Entertainment Inc.???) puffing themselves up with a lot of hot air.
Rick

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 01:55:20 pm »
http://www.financialnewsusa.com/news.php?rlsid=781

"The end result is an all-natural sweetener that looks exactly like honey, tastes exactly like honey, and has the same consistency as honey. In fact, it's putting bees out of business."

I am very doubtful of these claims, very doubtful, besides who wants to try something made by enzymatic degradation. Sorry, but honey is the real deal and people are becoming more and more aware that bees are having problems. It is just plain fascinating to people that honey is made by bees. Besides, splenda was the next big thing for diabetics, I can't fathom the crap. Yeah lets put some enzymatic degradation on our biscuits this morning instead of real honey, right!

...JP
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 08:36:31 pm by JP »
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 10:41:41 pm »
Aspertame, Splenda, ans saccharin haven't doomed the sugar industry, so I wouldn't be too worried about this. People who would buy this product probably aren't going to pay for locally produced honey anyway.
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC