Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Deja Vu  (Read 5992 times)

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
Deja Vu
« on: July 05, 2009, 01:47:01 am »
Anyone have any thoughts on this subject?  I have on occasion, not often and with varying degrees of clarity.  Once several years ago I had a rash of them over about a months time span. Several with alarming clarity....one in particular comes to mind... I was walking to the shop and suddenly stopped in my tracks feeling I had been experianced this scene before and said to teh fella I was walking with "Deja Vu... my phone is going to ring" and in about 10 seconds it did.  Any one else have an experiance to share?
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: Deja Vu
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 01:58:36 am »
I always get so uncomfortable when that happens to me. I have had it happen but can't remember particular instances.
Its a weird feeling to be in a situation where you swear the same exact thing has happened to you before.
I sometimes know when the phone is going to ring before it does and I don't even realize it.
I will run over to pick up the phone and then it rings, my husband will say how the heck did you know the phone was going to ring but in my mind it already was ringing.
I do the same thing when someone is going to ask me a question, I will answer it and they look at me with their mouth hanging open and say how did you know I was going to ask you that?
Then I am confused because I thought they did ask me that particular question but they swear they hadn't said anything yet.
Sometimes I will bring something to someone because I think they asked me for it and they act all surprised like, how did you know I wanted that? Then I say because you asked me for it didn't you?
They always just say they were only thinking about asking me for it but hadn't yet.
I am not sure why that happens but it happens fairly often.

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 06:08:19 pm »
It happens with me on occasion, but the most remarkable I remember was from when I was around 15 years old or so. It was no special occasion, and nothing significant, but a  friend of mine from school was spending the night, and we were sitting at the dinner table with my family eating dinner. The strangest feeling came over me as I suddenly knew what everyone was about to say before they said it. This lasted for probably 2-3 minutes, then everything returned to normal. I occasionally still have something weird, but usually of really short duration.

I used to really be curious as to what caused this, and I read whatever I could get my hands on about the subject. My current thoughts on the issue and it's causes is probably too lengthy and complex to really get into on a discussion forum, but I think it may have something to do with human perceptions of time and space.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 07:58:29 pm »
Deja Vu often works exactly as your experience/example said, other times it doesn't.  It is a moment when a person realizes that they know what is going to happen next.
I've had enough encounters with Deja Vu to come to the conclusion that such occurances are a sign of a life decission having been made.  If the experience happens exactly as the Deja Vu indicated then the decission was made to accept the decission and its consequences.  If it doesn't happen just as expected then the decission was made to take a different path.  The Deja Vu is the event telling you the outcome of your decission.  These decissions are usually given to us during a dream state, which is why we have no recollection of what the decission concerned, just the conformation or rejection of the choice.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline wayne

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 03:28:20 pm »
  I had a case or two in the service where I seemed to know where I was though I had never been there before.
  Once while using my detector I found a ring. The ring looked just like one I remembered finding before. Even found it in the same type of location. Thought it odd to find two just alike even to the damage.
  But when I got home there was no other like it in the box. A check of my log showed none either. I had just seen it somewhere before.
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.

Offline Cheryl

• House Bee
  • top bar beekeeper
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 03:49:16 pm »
Deja Vu often works exactly as your experience/example said, other times it doesn't.  It is a moment when a person realizes that they know what is going to happen next.
I've had enough encounters with Deja Vu to come to the conclusion that such occurances are a sign of a life decission having been made.  If the experience happens exactly as the Deja Vu indicated then the decission was made to accept the decission and its consequences.  If it doesn't happen just as expected then the decission was made to take a different path.  The Deja Vu is the event telling you the outcome of your decission.  These decissions are usually given to us during a dream state, which is why we have no recollection of what the decission concerned, just the conformation or rejection of the choice.
This. Definitely this.

Brian, you're old enough to know this. I am getting there. But for the young, it must be much more confusing... And only those of us with the desire to know and the wisdom and aptitude to learn will ever reach your recognition of the phenomenon.

Deja-vu isn't the decision itself.... the de-javu only 'marks' the decision.
We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 11:49:14 pm »
I've had enough encounters with Deja Vu to come to the conclusion that such occurrences are a sign of a life decission having been made.  If the experience happens exactly as the Deja Vu indicated then the decission was made to accept the decission and its consequences.  If it doesn't happen just as expected then the decission was made to take a different path.  The Deja Vu is the event telling you the outcome of your decission.  These decissions are usually given to us during a dream state, which is why we have no recollection of what the decission concerned, just the conformation or rejection of the choice.

That's a very interesting observation!  Unfortunately for me, almost all occurrences of Deja Vu are related to relatively mundane events.  So much so that I (ever the sceptic) play them off to "the fact I have done similar actions before" but even though I rationalize it this way there remains a nagging deep down knowledge that there is more to it that that. 
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 09:04:21 am »
I get the feeling a lot.  Only I get it after performing an activity, thinking about it, then I feel like I've done it before  :roll:
Rick