Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Went to my first local beekeeping meeting tonight.  (Read 1049 times)

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
Went to my first local beekeeping meeting tonight.
« on: May 15, 2012, 11:56:51 pm »
Well I post this because I've had bad experiences in the past dealing with members of beekeeping clubs and Buzzbee has been on my case for not posting.  I have to say it was a very pleasent experience no yelling or arguements.  Which I've seen happen many times when you get a bunch of beekeepers together.  Had some interesting topics about swarm control and bear prevention.  Also talked about grant money coming up for grabs here in VA (which coupled with my political views might not be a good idea to go into).  Over all ended up joining at the end of the night.  Hopefully it's 20 bucks well spent.  Overall an excellent experience I hope in the end though I don't end up eatting my words with this one though. 
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline cdanderson

• New Bee
    • Carolina Honeybees
Re: Went to my first local beekeeping meeting tonight.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 10:43:50 am »
I feel your pain and hope that you will enjoy the club.  I always recommend that new beekeepers find a club to fellowship with and learn from but sometimes there is more drama than instruction. :evil:
Charlotte
SC Master Beekeeper
"My bees obviously dont read the same books as me !"

anything