Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How/why did you choose your Avatar  (Read 5719 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
How/why did you choose your Avatar
« on: May 02, 2006, 02:37:48 pm »
The Beemaster brought up something on the "HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?" forum causing me to think we needed this one.

So I guess you want to know about mine. As you might know, mountain lions are a solitary creature. Ever seen them on the TV where thay just quietly sit there watching/studying something. Then the look on this one I use seems to say.......

OK I'm not going to tell you what it looks like to me. I want to hear what you think that face is saying as it applies to what I wrote above.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 03:01:58 pm »
For two years I kept the "little guy typing away" avatar - I will probably go back, it is fitting. I just needed a change for a bit and this avatar creeped up and said "me, me". and since in fed my ego  :roll:  I thought I'd giver it a whirl....

Yours is interesting from a cat owner (if you can truly own a cat - I guess I should say cat shelter-er - with ears pointed and eyes watching and knowing what part of the country you are from - that cat says to me "Don't Tread on Me" first and then those eyes are slightly askew which I find slightly fascinating, as if it were wondering "EXACTLY why is it you are doing what you are doing" toward whatever it is looking at. Peace!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Denise

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 03:21:37 pm »
Mine was easy. I have often been equated with Lucy from Peanuts and my brother with Linus. (he even had the ubiquitous blanket). I'm the ultimate Fussbudget and always will be.  :)

If in doubt and I can't find a Lucy avatar, I will take Alice from Dilbert. She is my favorite character from that strip. I find it funny because I worked in a cubicle for 10 years so I understand the humor way too well. I think I worked for the Pointy Haired Boss.
"I saw me life pass before me eyes. It was really boring." - Babs, Chicken Run

Offline Summerbee

• House Bee
    • http://imabkpr.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 04:49:09 pm »
Usually I use a bee, but in the 'bee forum' that seemed too blah... I am studying ornithology, so I thought a toucan was fitting.
People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them Benjamin Franklin said it first.
- David H. Comins

http://imabkpr.blogspot.com

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 05:17:28 pm »
I chose the eyeball because I have a great love/fear of eyes. I think they can be absolutly gorgeous but I can't stand and watch someone put eyedrops or contacts in. I just think it is kinda gross. I watch some eyeball surgery on PBS when I was young and I remember the eyeball just floating there in the socket. I was watching it bob up and down as the doctor was doing surgery on it. I think that was enough for me. However, I remember I just kept watching, utterly fascinated, but I never did after that.

I remember the scene in A Clockwork Orange was a bit much fo rme.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 06:05:01 pm »
Quote from: beemaster
as if it were wondering "EXACTLY why is it you are doing what you are doing" toward whatever it is looking at. Peace!

All wise and knowing master of the bee, you have got a part of it. The rest would be..."You really want me to believe that don't you?"

I do have six kids.... Oldest about thirty, youngest thirteen.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 12:02:09 am »
I picked the question mark turning because I am full of questions - mostly I wonder if I ask too many or post too much......but don't worry that won't hold me back because I am determined to make a success of this beekeeping -

After I feel more confident (will that ever happen with bees?) I will probably try to find a Winnie the Pooh avatar of him floating in the air with the helium balloon since I love the part where he sings to the bees to keep them from stinging him

http://machaon.ru/pooh/chap1.html

so far I am quiet around my bees - haven't tried singing yet.  Good thing I live by myself, though, because my children think I am crazy to be doing this.

Linda T in Atlanta
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You never can tell with bees."  Winnie the Pooh

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 12:26:35 am »
Jerrymac!

The look kind of reminds me of our cat (he's eight now) and how he looks at two times.  The first is when he's lying on top of my feral hive and wakes up when I come out.  Kind of like 'you want me to move? Really?  Take a hike.

The other time is when he's woken up and gives us the same look yawns (always amazes me that his yap can extend that far), stretches and goes back to sleep.

David
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 11:46:43 pm »
I got mine off of the avatar board and ger fits me well due to I am crazy just like him so when other people started taking it John deleted it from the avatar board becuase ger is what everyone knew me for so that is how my avatar was picked. whewww, take a deep breath, by the way, got 2 new hives this week! :D
Ryan Horn

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 02:56:27 am »
Oh and my avitar fit one of my career fields in the USAF.  One was Aerospace Physiology (Altitude Chamber) we were called Chamber Animals and had unofficially adopted Taz and wore him on our uniform at LRAFB.  I couldn't find him and a crow or raven for my other career field or any RDF stuff.

David
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline Hi-Tech

• Field Bee
    • talkhunting.com
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 01:42:14 am »
I really wanted to find a bee using a computer but this was as close as I could get. It looks like a video game he is playing (what do you think?) but I really don't play them myself. When I am not on the PC at work (or home) I spend time working my mini ranch (or so i call it) where i have  some cows, chickens, dogs, cats and now bees. The bees are quickly becoming my favorite....  They dont bust down fences and eat the neighbors garden up....
Computer Tech, Beekeeper, Hunter = Hi-Tech Redneck
talkhunting.com

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 07:59:32 pm »
I love Carnivorous plants....  :roll:

Cheers
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline Mr T-Bone

• New Bee
    • Briarhillfarms
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 11:11:28 pm »
I raise bloodhounds...
"Do your duty in all things...You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less."
Robert E. Lee

http://briarhillfarms.bravehost.com/index.html

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 11:58:23 am »
General Replies to a few members - you figure out who.

I had a big dog once who looked like a carniverous plant sometimes  :oops:

GOAT BOY - where you been?

I have a fear too - BROKEN GLASS, I can not put in words the horror having to deal with it (leather gloves or not) that I feel.

HAving the question mark in the FRONT of a sentence is UNAMERICAN - just kidding  :wink:

To the rest of you - hi :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 11:24:25 pm »
I didnt mention I grew them either...  :D
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.