Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The ravine swing, me and the kids  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
The ravine swing, me and the kids
« on: April 15, 2008, 09:28:47 am »
Wow!!!  So I have written before about the deep dark ravine that borders our property on the southern side.  It has as long as we have lived here been a source for wonderland playing for all children.  They have the time of their life down there, building little dams that divert the little stream, run up and down the banks, all manner of cool things.  Our property was surveyed in 1949, the previous owners had 8 children and the original owners had children too.  So this ravine has been played in for over 50 years I would venture.  I never cease to be amazed at what a beautiful place it is, the temperature is always very much lower than up at the top, a source of clear, cool air in the summertime too.  A beautiful place....I can say no more.

My Nephews and Grandsons have all worked hard to build a swing that hangs from a branch of a very tall Maple tree.  HOw they got that rope up there is something that I cannot understand (nor do I choose to, that would freak me right out, I venture someone is a climber).  The other day their swing was complete, along with steps that they had made along the bank to climb up easily to where the standing spot for getting on the swing is.  These young men are amazing little dudes, and I love the fun that they have.

I had so many pictures that I wanted to share, but I picked just a few of the ones that I thought would be most interesting.  Enjoy, go with your mind's eye into this fairytale land where the children play.  Have the most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi

Of course, I took a ride too!!!   The kids thought that was the best, this ol' girl tryin' out their swing!!

Yes, my Husband took a ride too, scared the pants off him, hee, hee!!!

My Sister now has the big idea that she is going to rake up the area and put a picnic table down there forum summer picnics, and I know that she will, my dear Sister and her Husband:

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: The ravine swing, me and the kids
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 09:48:58 am »
Cindi, I told you to stop dirtying up those knees, when are you ever going to learn? Heehee :-*

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 06:26:13 pm »
Aw, JP, that's no fun, ya gotta be a kid still!  :lol:

Cindi, that looks like a blast, there's nothing like swinging on a big ole swing to make you feel like you're nine years old again!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 11:51:34 pm »
JP, hee, hee, I was doing some work in the garden, my gum boots, dirty knees and dirty hands.  I didn't notice in the picture that my knees showed the dirt, smiling.  That is me, dirty knees, dirty feet and dirty hands.....bare bone basic me.  Oh yes, Ann, I got that kid in me, and I have to thank all the kids around my place for that.....they keep me feeling young.  Have the best of this great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service