Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Horsey, horsey, here we go again!!!  (Read 2392 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Horsey, horsey, here we go again!!!
« on: April 15, 2008, 09:46:27 am »
Well, well, imagine that.  My Daughters both have had horses all their lives.  About 6 or 7 years ago, we finally did not keep horses any longer.  They both had grown up, and just were too busy with life, and we sold them.  We still have the barns (which are now for turkeys and chickens), and we have the acreage.  I don't miss those days of hauling hay and poop on those long winter nights......I have told the stories before, some of you will remember them.

My oldest gal moved away, about a 4 hour drive and has got back into horses and has several.  We are quarter horse people, and this is what she has.  She decided that her Sister needed another horse, and the weekend before last came down for a visit, a beautiful, little quarter horse in tow.  She brought it down and my youngest Daughter had already found a friend that had acreage where she could keep the horse (I am sure in her mind that it is temporary, oh no!!!  I can read her mind now).

My oldest gal told me that I didn't have to worry about ever hauling hay again (if we chose to have this horse on our property, eeks).  She would bring down those great huge plastic bags that have enough alfalfa cubes in them to last 3 months, and they can sit outside in these plastic bags, they don't get wet.  Oh, eeeks, she is setting up the scene.

I venture in a couple of months, my poor Husband is going to have to make another structure for my youngest gal's horse.  I am sure it is coming here.......say no more.

I love horses, I miss keeping horses, I don't miss the work.  But now that my youngest Daughter has all but grown up (and she has two strong boys that can help her now, her Sons are almost 14 and 9 and they are cool little dudes).  She will take care of this horse, and not leave it to that poor ol' Mother that used to spend so much time feeding and cleaning. Wonder why kids think that their Mother will do all this for them, so lovingly, so willingly and so sucked in!!!!!

I am happy, really, for my Daughter and her new pride and joy.  She is a pretty 14.1 hands high quarterhorse dunn.  A very pretty dorsal strip and she is a mover.  A really well behaved and nice gal.  Her name is D8, go figure, that is the name of a tractor I think, or maybe a bulldozer.  Does the name imply something, now I gotta wonder!!!  Oh well, down into the lives of the gals and the horses again.  Who knows, I may get another too, it is always nice to have a riding pal, hee, hee.  Oh no!!!  Surely I am not thinking those thoughts again, haven't I learned my lessons about poop and horse food?  Have a beautiful and wonderful day, ya'll be lovin' this life we live. Cindi

My youngest gal and her youngest Son

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: Horsey, horsey, here we go again!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 06:21:40 pm »
Oh Cindi, they are both beautiful!! Looking at the pic makes me want another horse..love the smell the feel, the methodical munching sound of eating hay is very soothing espically if I'm stressed.  You can sit & unwind listening, slowing your breathing & heartbeat to the rythm, pretending that there is nothing else around you but this moment. I loved to just lay on Haley's back in the sun (her rump made a great pillow!)while  she "weed-eated" the yard, could even read, almost fell asleep many times. She seemed to know & moved very carefully & slowly from one spot to another.  Your daughter is very lucky!  You will have one soon I think...?? ;)  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 07:11:06 pm »
cute mare.  your daughter looks like you  :-)

helmets!

won't preach, but we all know the reasons for wearing them.  especially the kids.

welcome back to the world of poop and hay!!!   :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 12:25:01 am »
Jody, yep, I know that feeling of peace within the world of the horse.  I have spent many hundreds of hours relishing in the peace that the sound of them munching on food brings, the scent of their breath, the scent of their body, horses smell good, plain and simple.  Ever sat really close while they are grazing on the new spring grasses, nothing can hold a candle to that, not even the most scented of flowers, hold it....except.....cow's breath, oooh how I love cow's breath too, as they graze on the grass.  Beautiful.  Some would call this strange, but may have never had the chance to be privy to these beauties of nature.

Kathy, the funny thing about my Daughter is that she is looking more like me all the time.  Before it was my oldest gal that looked like me, and the youngest didn't very much, now those tables have turned....funny how genetics go.  They both have different fathers so they have some resemblance to each other too.

Yep, I think the world of poop and hay is awaiting me just around the corner.......have the best of the most beautiful day you can have.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service