Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee colony removal  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Erich

• New Bee
Bee colony removal
« on: August 11, 2009, 11:44:36 pm »
   Today is Tuesday, on Saturday I will be trying to remove a colony from a building. I am doing this for the first time. The colony is going to be eradicated by the owner of the building by my means or something worse. I have not inspected the site as of yet.  I have spoken to my bee mentor for info on doing this, so I do have a plan. I'm wondering if there are any articles in this forum that someone could direct me to that may give me some more ideas. I will have some inexperienced help with me and I have the extra equipment.  I figure this will be good experience for me and maybe give that colony a chance.  Thank you in advance.
Erich

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Bee colony removal
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:08:11 am »
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/board,77.0.html

this section has tons of info.  read at the top about the tools and equipment to take.  skim through as much of the cutout stuff from JP, Iddee, Baily and others as you have time for.  

just noticed where you are.  when you get them home and set up, feed.  you don't have to much time to get them ready for winter.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Erich

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:25:13 am »
Thank you Kathyp, I know it is late and I will feed.  :)

Offline mherndon

• House Bee
  • New Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:08:56 pm »
Here is a video from this Summer.  A bee vac is great if you have time to build one.  Check out Robo's world on the web.  This is a very good design if you plan on doing more cutouts in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33YEsvzUBPA

Mark
Starting my 3rd year and still having a ball!

anything