Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: White Dutch Clover  (Read 4113 times)

Offline jgarzasr

• House Bee
White Dutch Clover
« on: July 05, 2005, 01:47:59 pm »
I was thinking of sowing White Dutch Clover in my yard.  I have about an Acre of yard that I mow - it is grass and requires a lot of maintenance to keep nice and green.  I am personally tired of it - and was thinking of planting the clover in with it.  Will this help to get a honey harvest?  I have read that the honeybees really like it - and also it is a good groundcover.

Offline mark

• House Bee
White Dutch Clover
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 04:45:15 pm »
clover is good to mix in with the grass.  it fixes nitrogen into the soil which the grass will benefit from.  not only honey bees but bumble bees work it.  you will still need to mow however or it will smother the grass.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
White Dutch Clover
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 05:03:09 pm »
Does it smoother weeds?
Does it need much water?
Does it do good in sandy soil?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Re: White Dutch Clover
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:48:40 pm »
We have it all over are farm and yard. So many bees work it, u can just go out and sit down and watch them, i do. We have fields of sunflowers, soy beens, dent corn, and tons of trees including redbuds since it is are towns tree. What I was tryn to get at is we get more white dutch clover honey then almost all the others combined, to say the least, they like it alot! :-D :-D :-D
Ryan Horn