Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Intro to me and my bee  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
Intro to me and my bee
« on: October 22, 2008, 07:27:39 pm »
Hello,  I'm from Queensland and have been registered for less than a year.  I have a lot to learn about keeping bees.  There have been a lot of setbacks, and we have only been able to extract once so far.  We have two active hives and aim for another one.  It is my first spring with bees, so I can see a big increase in their activity and numbers.  Someone gave me the advice not to keep bees but make sure the bees are keeping me, but to date I have spent a lot of time and money keeping them and travelling vast distances to get water lilies so they can have a drink and nursing my hand when it swelled to the size of a boxing glove and preparing equipment and uniforms, and all I have to show for it is an empty honey pot and a mob of happy contented bees.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Intro to me and my bee
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 10:55:28 pm »
Hello and Welcome Lone
Next year your honey pot might run over :-D
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 06:49:45 am »
Hello Johnny,
Thank-you, I can see already there is a lot of useful information here. I have lots of questions to ask but I don't know all the lingo yet!  Maybe there is someone else out there who speaks aussie?

I'm glad I swapped my toyota van for my first beehive-you can certainly get more mileage from a beehive than you could from that van after it got a new engine.

I might even get a second honeypot ready.

Lone

Offline mtman1849

• Assistant Social Director
  • House Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 09:22:23 am »
welcome to the forum this is a great place to gain knowledge and make new friends

Offline Melilem

• House Bee
    • New England Bee Photos
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 10:31:19 am »
I love the avatar! So lucky you, your bees are just coming out of winter :) I'm jealous.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 11:38:40 am »
Lone, welcome to our forum, and that was a nice intro.  This will be a place where you can spend lots of time learning, telling us your stories and tales, and experiences too.  We love to listen, we love to offer advice when asked, and questions will always get a mountain of answers.  Stick around, we be that group that will enjoy spending quality time with.  AND...have a most wonderful day, groove on this life we all live, love and share.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 12:25:04 am »
Thanks folks.  Are you the Cindi they wrote the song about.."You ought to see my Cindi, she lives away down south, she's so sweet the honey-bees swarm around her mouth"??  Haha there are a lot of bee songs, probably more bee songs I think than paper wasp songs.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 09:05:31 am »
Lone, OK, good, you have a sense of humour too, yeah!!!  A sense of humour is a wonderful thing to possess!!!  Nope, I am not that Cindy.  I just be me, plain and simply, me.  That Cindy was spelled with a "y", not an "i".  My Sister once gave me a birthday card that had a one-eyed girl, like a cyclops, and the caption read "Cindi" with an "i", it was pretty cool.  Welcome again.  Have that most great and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything