Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Therapy  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Ocean

• House Bee
Bee Therapy
« on: June 17, 2006, 09:21:24 pm »
Hey everyone, i have a question, iam very curious about the bee therapy that is very popular out there for treating arthritis and other sicknesses, does anyone of you know anything about it? where can i get some information on it and how i can use my bees to heal others?

thank you.

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
Bee Therapy
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 01:00:09 am »
The "healing others" part is where it may get a little riskey.  Most of the information on helping arthritis and other conditions is purely anecdotal and does not form a basis for you to declare it as having a "healing property."  I'm not saying that I don't too think that many products of the hive can help in overall health just, don't market it that way unless there is proof, recognised by the USDA (so far, I don't know of any).

Offline Romahawk

• House Bee
    • http://www.romahawk.com
Bee Therapy
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 11:33:49 am »
You might also want to consider that you would be practicing medicine without a license. I do believe that could cause you big problems in most states.
Never let your education interfere with your learning" --Samuel Clemens

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Bee Therapy
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 11:56:40 am »
sting therapy is popular for things like arthritis and ms.  info can be found on the www.  

i would not actually perform the therapy for another.  if they were to have a reaction, it could be your hide that gets torn.  neither would i advertise my bees for this purpose.....however......there is a local bee keeper who will jar up a few bees, no questions asked, and sell them to you for a buck.

if someone were to come up to me and ask for a few bees in a jar, i'd probably go along with that.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

anything