Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newbie in Tasmania  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Nukolator

• New Bee
Newbie in Tasmania
« on: September 29, 2013, 07:39:29 pm »
Greetings from the bottom of the bottom bit of Australia!
I'm about to start my first hive in about a month, very excited and looking forward to the challenges.
Wish me luck!  I've made contact with a mentor and off to my first association meeting tonight.  I've also discovered my friend and soon-to-be neighbour is keen to get involved, and he makes mead!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Newbie in Tasmania
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 08:57:54 pm »
welcome.  we have a "down under" section that you guys can meet in and make the rest of us jealous over the winter.  not that you are restricted to that section  :-D  just that it's there for you.....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline rwlaw

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 11:38:05 pm »
Greetings and good luck with your hive. Watch that Mead it'll sneak up on ya!
Can't ever say that bk'n ain't a learning experience!

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 01:41:10 am »
   Welcome Nukolator. Down Under Beekeeping is the Aussie thread. Most contributors are from the east coast ( a lot of Banana Benders. They are becoming as prolific as their cane toads). There are a few members from Tassie who pop their head up now and then. Was on the island a few weeks ago but did not meet up with any of them, only a few of the beeks at Salamanca and the farmers market. Hope you enjoy your time with this group who have been very helpful to many. Good luck with the bees. Just ask the questions and the answers will come.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:47:06 pm by Geoff »
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Simon

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 04:24:55 am »
Welcome Nukolator. There's plenty of helpful people here on Beemaster that will only be too happy to answer your questions and look at your beekeeping pictures.  If you fill in your location in your profile, you will get better advice related to our Tasmanian climate etc. rather than have one of those Banana Benders give you Queensland specific advice  :-D  Good luck with your new hobby ...errr addiction!

Simon

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 10:35:03 pm »
The only advice I can give you is to move to Queensland

:piano:

Lone

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 01:39:53 am »
Welcome to the forum, Nukolator.  Beek is addictve.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe

anything