Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: had to move my apiary ( bee yard) problems at a farmers market  (Read 7435 times)

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
Re: had to move my apiary ( bee yard) problems at a farmers market
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 06:59:32 pm »
sure can.
its a truck crane that has a a rotating base so you can reach out of he trailer then rotate the lifted hive into the trailer.
pic below.  hope it helps.

most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 09:09:49 pm »
I've been seeing honeybees acting desperately lately, including climbing on me in my own yard (100s of yards from their hives), butting up against our window screens, etc.
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline rgy

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 09:16:40 pm »
you can get those type of cranes from harbor frieght.  I had one mounted in the bed of my truck to pick up my inflatable boat so i didn't have to take the motor off

Offline adamant

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 09:40:09 pm »
sure can.
its a truck crane that has a a rotating base so you can reach out of he trailer then rotate the lifted hive into the trailer.
pic below.  hope it helps.

thank you..

Offline NJClydeDriver

• New Bee
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 02:20:52 pm »
I say prob yellow jackets, those suckers are nasty when you pass by a garbage can.
I put 6 hives on a small trailer offset so I can get behind them to work on them.  All have a ratchet strap on them to keep from moving or loosing anything like the tele cover.  They are only about 24 inches off the ground with bottom ent.  Great thing is I just have to cover the entry with screen and hook up to the trailer with the pick up to move them.  I do smoke them a little, it works very well for 99.9% of the guards but that’s why they call them guards, and some are very good at their jobs...ouch.
Put a small branch in front of the entry when you get to the new location so they reorient.
"To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions"
Ben Franklin