Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Illinois  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Beeztoo

• Brood
Hello from Illinois
« on: November 05, 2010, 11:09:13 am »
Hello there!

My wife and I are new to beekeeping, and look forward to starting our first hives next spring.  In the meantime, we are learning all we can about bees and beekeeping, and are looking forward to a beginning class next spring, followed by populating our first hives.

We both understand the importance of Honey Bees to our environment, and we are looking forward to learning and interacting with our bees.  This forum and associated websites look like a great source of information........thank you for hosting this and providing a good, informative network for beekeepers.

We live in Central Illinois, just east of St. Louis, MO.  I am sure we will have questions from time to time, and we look forward to sharing our Bee experience with everyone here!  Enjoy the fall and winter, and thanks again for having us!   :-)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Illinois
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 12:47:43 pm »
Beeztoo, welcome to our forum, just wait until you and your Wife get bees, you're gonna love your new venue in life.  You will have lots of questions, and lean on our forum for answers, we were all beginners at keeping bees, once upon a time, and this is how we learn.  Stick around, we love new members.  Have that wonderful and most awesome day, full of health, love and peace, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
Re: Hello from Illinois
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 02:22:08 pm »
Welcome to the forum,  I live near Cedar Rapids, Iowa, so we have a lot in common environment wise.  Where are you planning to get your bees?  This is my first year, I've made a lot of mistakes, having a grand time!  You will enjoy your new obsession.  Good luck!

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"