Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Just wanted to rant about clover  (Read 5377 times)

Offline nietssemaj

• House Bee
Just wanted to rant about clover
« on: March 18, 2014, 10:16:12 am »
I seeded a mix of crimson and white clover in my front yard for the bees. Well it came up and never bloomed. Looking at the clover in the medians on the roads it was blooming so I was quite annoyed.

Then I investigated closer, flower stalks were there with no flowers..
The stupid chickens ate all the clover blossoms before they actually had a chance to open.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Just wanted to rant about clover
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 11:08:29 pm »
You have my luck.  Last year I had a row of yellow straight neck squash and a row of zucchini.  Would have been enough to feed the county if it had made.  Got to noticing, wild rabbits were eating the blossoms  off the  plants.  May you have better luck next time.

Joe

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 07:48:02 am »
<The stupid chickens ate all the clover blossoms before they actually had a chance to open.>

So that's what my chickens are doing in the clover..,

I noticed one of my chickens had something that looked like a lunar moth. When I investigated I saw they had pulled up all the yellow id tags for my peppers and tomatoes.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Modenacart

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 10:59:42 am »
If I don't fence my garden the chickens will either scratch up all the plants or peck holes in everything until they are rip enough for them to eat.