Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2223 times)

Offline jester7891

• House Bee
« on: December 22, 2007, 10:40:07 pm »
I live on the Delaware River and just bought 2 used bee hives.  I plan on starting in Spring 2008 ( I know that I have a lot of prep work to do now). I have a couple of new of books but will need lots of hands on experience also.  Anybody close to Hunterdon Co/NJ or Berks/Bucks Co/PA?

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 10:50:27 pm »
Welcome jester7891. Used hives? Do they have bees in them? If no, what happened to them?

Are you seeking a mentor?

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 09:41:26 am »
Jester, welcome.  Pay attention to the posts in this forum, ask your questions.  You will find this a great place to spend some time and you will learn lots and lots, there is alot to learn about keeping bees.  We have lots of seasoned beekeepers and many new to this field too, enjoy, again, welcome.  Have a wonderful and great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 12:01:09 pm »
Welcome Jester! You are about to embark upon a wonderful journey. Beekeeping is good for the soul, the environment, and your friends and family will reap the rewards of your bounty as well. Good luck!

Sincerely, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline gottabee

• House Bee
  • Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 03:46:00 pm »
Jester,
Welcome aboard and good luck on your new venture (adventure). There are so many challenges in beekeeping these days. My best advise is get involved in a local beekeeping club. Find someone to mentor you and set realistic goals. You will avoid many pitfalls that have deterred other new beekeepers. Stay tuned to the beemaster.com forum for advise, enouragement, and a few laughs from these great people.

anything