Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: No. 2 swarm in the new yard.  (Read 3196 times)

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
No. 2 swarm in the new yard.
« on: March 28, 2013, 11:05:08 pm »
Well I got a call today at noon about a swarm in a new apartment complex in town.  they were not sure about having me out to remove the swarm until they talked to their home office because I was a beekeeper and not a business that had liablity and workmens comp insurance. so I had them call other keepers. I told them they may only find commercial polinators that may have the insurance but they will most likely not want to help you. so at 4:30 they called me back and asked if I would come get them. will I got their at 5:30 and found a swarm at ground level in a small bush. about the size of a soccer ball. I scooped them up by hand and got them into a box. then will I was their I notced bees on the side of the building. will a second swarm or hive found a home in the side of the apartments thru a unsealed hole around the meter mounted to the wall. I looked at the lady and told her she needed to call her office because she has a hive inside the floor of that building and it won't be cheap. she asked what could she do and I said call me back after you talk to your home office and that my cost would be 000.00 amount and the person that I know who does carpentry work will add his amount for repairing and using his company for the removal. so because of her waiting their was originally 2 swarms one small I got and one large that got a new home. now the fun will begin. Oh the swarm I got had a pretty striped qween unmated.  I put them in my other yard on blooming fruit trees. I had pics on my phone but am having problems uploading them to my computer. I will post them as soon as I can.

John

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
Re: No. 2 swarm in the new yard.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 11:51:55 pm »
Great. Pics are always fun.
Keep it up.
Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 12:04:47 am »
Love it when they are so nice and easy like that. Good work John

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 08:05:29 am »
Glad to see some of you guys further north getting some bees for a change. I'm thinking we are going to be real busy on the side line bee removals too.
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 11:35:40 pm »
great catch
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 12:19:37 am »
OK. I got the photos uploaded to my computer. here they are. I did not get photos of the other swarm in the wall.  I also got a call today from a church. they just got a new old church started up and were cleaning it out of squatters remains and had bees all over the front of the church. I got there and found a established hive in the front stairs going into the church. I searched with my bore scope and found then to be in the brick stair case in front. I told them that if they wanted them to be removed we had two choices. deconstruct the stairs or trapout. they said probably trapout. they wanted to have service their sunday. I said if they rope of the area and steer clear of the flight path it should be OK. then the minister told them to show me the back of the building. shur enough there was a second hive between floors in the back. It should be easier to get them out so I told them we could remove the second hive completely and trapout the other.

John

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 11:01:58 am »
Thanks for the pics.  Make sure to get more for the cut out and trap out.  Great finds, good luck!
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 09:43:27 pm »
Nice pics Divemaster... :-D
Marshall

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 10:14:28 pm »
Nice pics Divemaster... :-D

yea I got the Vaseline off the camera lens of my phone. :-\

John