Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fall Inspection and Question?  (Read 6507 times)

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
Re: Fall Inspection and Question?
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 11:33:05 pm »
I would put 15 drops of each and 5 of lemon grass oil (per 3.8ltrs) in a blender with a a couple cups of 1:1 syrup.  Blend it on highest level for five minutes and emulsify the oil into the syrup and mix that syrup with your feed.  If you do not emulsify the oil it just floats on top of the syrup.  WARNING!  Buy your own blender or whatever you Aussies call them.  I used wintergreen the year before and my wife still points out to me every time she uses it, that it still smells like wintergreen!  Just get your own at a used goods store.   

Offline bernsad

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 02:30:13 am »
Thanks for the info Vance, and yes, my wife would be ticked if I ruined her blender too! :-D

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 02:49:00 am »
Last spring I fed Oil of Thyme and Oregano for a brood cycle with Lemon grass oil to speed their taking it while raising brood.

How do you prepare the oils and how do you feed them to the bees, please?

oh mine....goodnessss

first thing: feeding sugar in spring does not add brooding.
Second: those oils do not help  bees. What they do is that they may spoil early honey yield.
The are no advices which recomend to  do this way.

Language barrier NOT included

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 03:03:31 am »

I obtained most of my beekeeping skills from this forum!

It is necessary that everyone reads some beekeeping books. They MUST be quite new.
To read Brother  Adam Stories does not work.

To follow beekeeper forum arvices will ruin all beekeeping.
90% of forum advices are carbage.

When you nurse hives, one way is enough to do it. You need not try all 5 or 10 anternative tricks on your few hives. You need not try all what guys feel nice to try.

I have nursed bees 50 years.  99% out of forum tricks are such that I have never needed.

I have met much guys who do not undestand much about bees but bees stand many kind of beekeepers. It is more bees' ability to adapt than beekeepers' skills.

Language barrier NOT included

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 11:57:37 am »
You are absolutely correct about the bees surviving us, who are a clumsy symbiont.  Thankyou for your patience in explaining these things.  We do not try new things just to make you mad or kill bees.   Patience!  And thankyou for explaining.

anything