Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A pleasant cop.  (Read 4684 times)

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
A pleasant cop.
« on: December 07, 2007, 02:51:49 am »
The policeman got out of his car and the boy racer he stopped for
    speeding, rolled down his window.
   "I've been waiting for you all day," the cop said.
   The kid replied, "Yes, well I got here as fast as I could."
    When the policeman finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his  way
    without a ticket.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: A pleasant cop.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 08:42:11 am »
If I was a cop. I'd probably be just like that. I'd let everyone go that had a really good legitamate excuse or a really inventive excuse as long as no drugs or alcohol was involved. I would ticket people who threw cigarette butts and other trash out the window. I'd probably be fired after one week.
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 11:35:35 pm »
When a cop decides to be a smart ass and begin with a open invitation for humorist retort he should be a good sport and laugh off giving a ticket.  On the other hand....

There are those who feel they have a right to ignore the law:

I pursued a volunteer fireman from his work to his home, not a mile less then 40 in a 25 mph zone.  He objected when I chased him into his house and wrote him a ticket using his kitchen table as a desk.  The next day the fire chief comes over to me a says, "You gave one of my fireman a speeding ticket.  There's 42 men on this department that can make things pretty hard on you."
"Chief," I said, "your fireman was going the opposite direction of the firehouse.  Tell you what, If your firemen want to make it hard on me, I'll wait until the next fire alarm and wait and see how many reckless driving citations I can write.  When not responding to a fire or other emergency call your firemen have a responsibility to abide by the same laws as everybody else."

After that the all firemen were a little more responsible in the way they drove whether responding to an emergency call or not.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 01:01:10 am »
Brian, I agree, there are times when the law should allow certain extremely minor things to slip or slide, like what you were speaking about.  On the other hand, I totally respect that you went so far as to go into that dude's house to issue that ticket.  He deserved it.  There are so many that abuse stuff it makes me sick.  The fire chief was one, he had no right to condone the actions of his staff member, crap is what I say.  And...again, good for you, stick to your guns (that was not intended as a pun, hee ,heee).
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 08:11:07 pm »
I have been fortunate enough to have been let go without a ticket from a couple of police officers for being upfront and honest with them and not giving them a hard time.

I will also admit I probably got out of one because it 3 am and I had just pulled over 24 hours straight and looked like I had been through a meat grinder. The cop was cool and told me slow down. And I did.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 12:10:32 am »
I got stopped for speeding a few years ago. As the officer was writing the ticket, I explained to him that I had never gotten a ticket for anything (true) and could he overlook it this time.  He ignored me, kept writing the ticket, but when he gave it to me, he lowered the speed on it as to make it quite insignificant. He said he did it to help me out.  I pleaded not guilty in court, and was let go on the basis of my good record and the low speed on the ticket. I really appreciate what that officer did for me that day.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 05:31:31 pm »
I got stopped for speeding a few years ago. As the officer was writing the ticket, I explained to him that I had never gotten a ticket for anything (true) and could he overlook it this time.  He ignored me, kept writing the ticket, but when he gave it to me, he lowered the speed on it as to make it quite insignificant. He said he did it to help me out.  I pleaded not guilty in court, and was let go on the basis of my good record and the low speed on the ticket. I really appreciate what that officer did for me that day.

You still got insurance points which noone bothered to tell you about. He did you a very little favor. You always get more w/ honey than vinegar however. You will never win a roadside argument so save it.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 01:14:54 am »
I wasn't aware of getting any points on my insurance. How do I find this out?

Annette

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 12:00:20 pm »

Annette

I think that is points on your driving record that affects your insurance. (I could be wrong)
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 01:06:43 pm »
I know that the insurance never went up due to this ticket. Perhaps they just accumulate the points and then - BINGO.

Annette

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 01:55:04 am »

Annette

I think that is points on your driving record that affects your insurance. (I could be wrong)

Insurance Companys go by accumulated points.  Each moving violation has a value, the more serious the vilation the higher the points.  Failure to Stop (or Yield) is higher in value than a minor speeding ticket (say 5 mph over the limit).  The most Serious infraction is, of course, vehicle accident with death involved and DUI with hit & run.  That last one pretty much makes you uninsurable.  The higher the point total the higher the insurance rate.  Some companys will cancel early in the game--these are also the ones which have bad track records on pay outs of claims.  Eventually you get into a high risk pool, where the insurance company picks you up by lottory.

In the state of Washington a citation must be issued for points to be awarded, a verbal or written warning does not accumulate points as no court record is created by them.  Points are created when after court records are forwarded to the State Insurance Commissioner--no court record=no points.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything