Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Homemade egg basket  (Read 2909 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Homemade egg basket
« on: August 19, 2013, 10:21:49 pm »
I used duck tape underneath with sticky sides both facing the basket and the egg carton. I agree this is almost a no brainer. But it sure does come in handy if you're getting a dozen or so eggs a day ;)

When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Homemade egg basket
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:05:39 am »
Is that DUCK tape or DUCT tape  :-D

Nice looking basket.  Rhode Island Reds?

Moots

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 12:49:53 am »
Is that DUCK tape or DUCT tape  :-D

Nice looking basket.  Rhode Island Reds?

Could be both!   :-D

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 06:28:04 am »
Duck tape 8-) (thanks Moots)

We have several different chickens that lay the brown eggs. They make an awesome omelet. Right now our chickens are an experiment - sort of. In reading up on them I seen where the broodiness has been bred out of most chickens. We have 41 right now and what I plan to do is separate the ones that shows broodiness and keep them then sell or eat the others.

They say you can jump start the broodiness by getting new hatchlings or leaving a bunch of eggs in a nest. I'll let yall know if that does the trick or if the broodiness is actually bred out.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Norman365

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 02:23:44 am »
GSF super cool dude.You have creative mind and skills in your hand.You can earn money by selling these kinds of handmade things  ;)  :-P