Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Storing medications question  (Read 4429 times)

Offline Hiveyleague

• New Bee
Storing medications question
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:01:02 am »
What is the best way to store medications?I've read where it said you can keep some in the freezer to extend shelf life,but does this pertain to all meds or just certain ones,or is it really not necessary to do anything but store them in thew packages they come in?
“The bee is more honored than other animals, not because she labors, but because she labors for others”
 Saint John Chrysostom

Offline Hiveyleague

• New Bee
Re: Storing medications question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:05:31 pm »
I guess I'll just keep them in the package until I know otherwise.
“The bee is more honored than other animals, not because she labors, but because she labors for others”
 Saint John Chrysostom

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:13:52 pm »
Do you have sick bees?

LT in Atlanta

Offline Hiveyleague

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 10:35:17 pm »
No sick bees here,just bought a few meds to have on hand for a last resort should I need any.Just needed advice how to keep it fresh as possible.
 Saint John Chrysostom

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 10:32:52 am »
I dont use them on bees so I cant tell you for certain, but I keep all my meds for my other critters in the fridge. Should work for bee meds as well.

Offline Hiveyleague

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 05:04:08 pm »
I don't use them on bees so I cant tell you for certain, but I keep all my meds for my other critters in the fridge. Should work for bee meds as well.

Thanks for advise VolunteerK9 and hopefully I won't need them either,but I've always been a safe than sorry(mostly sorry...chuckle) type person who doesn't have a lot of luck with most things is the only reason I wanted to keep some on hand.When you feel your first and last name is "Murphy" this is how you have to deal with with life sometimes.
 Saint John Chrysostom

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 06:25:45 pm »
I would say the fridge would be best too. Just don't get that stuff mixed up for condiments :-D and make sure to hide those tiny hypodermics from the neighboring junkies.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 12:06:46 pm »
I would say the fridge would be best too. Just don't get that stuff mixed up for condiments :-D and make sure to hide those tiny hypodermics from the neighboring junkies.

Scott

Yeah, Ivomec doesnt do much for the taste of a hotdog...

Offline Hiveyleague

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 08:51:12 pm »
I guess this thread would have been better off in the "Humor" section :roll: :-P
 Saint John Chrysostom

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 10:00:41 am »
I guess this thread would have been better off in the "Humor" section :roll: :-P

yeah, but on the other hand, I havent had worms in years  :lau:

Offline Hiveyleague

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 02:53:14 pm »

yeah, but on the other hand, I havent had worms in years  :lau:

Guess that's put a damper on the fishing huh? :-D
 Saint John Chrysostom

anything