Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Oxalic Acid vapor effect time  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Patrick

• House Bee
Oxalic Acid vapor effect time
« on: November 02, 2008, 05:46:30 pm »
Hi Beemasters,
Does anyone have an idea of how long the effect of the vapor in the hive is working.  Or in other words how long after vaporizing with oxalic would opening the hive not reduce the effect. An hour , less more?

Cheers,
Patrick

Offline rast

• Field Bee
Re: Oxalic Acid vapor effect time
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 07:54:26 pm »
 About 15 minutes is what I have read and been told also by a member that has used it successfully.  Also depends on how sealed your hives are to begin with. I taped the boxes together on two I did yesterday because I had them apart last weekend.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 07:23:45 am »
I'd say 10 to 15 minutes.  I never did more than that when I tried it and it was very effective.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:50:02 am »
When I vapourize, the top and bottom entrance is sealed for 10 minutes, then I remove the foam that I have placed in to seal the hive.  The bottom entrance reducer is then replaced.  This is according to the instructions when I got my O.A. vapourizer.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 08:52:12 am »
10-15 minutes is all it takes for the vapor to cool down and condense.  This will leave a fine white dust of oxalic acid distributed through the hive.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

anything