Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: shouldn't have bragged about the easy one  (Read 2674 times)

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
shouldn't have bragged about the easy one
« on: May 06, 2012, 06:36:51 pm »
was outside just in time to see one of my hives swarm (i think).  at first i thought it was a swarm moving into some empty stuff, but then it took off and landed in a neighbors tree.  i really hate fir trees!!!  it was to high to reach so i got out my poll pruner and tried to cut them down, but the sun was in my eyes and the best i did was knock them down about 4 times.  finally, they regrouped low and i popped them in a bucket and into a hive.  total time....just under 2 hours :-(

i'll go back for them after dark and we'll see if they have stayed.  they were pretty pissy, but i had loaded comb with syrup and used some lemongrass in the hive.....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: shouldn't have bragged about the easy one
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 09:38:22 pm »
Don't you just love a swarm that won't stay?

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 09:51:41 pm »
the one i caught the other day did stay.  this came from one of my older hives...unless it really was an outside hive thinking about moving in.  to be honest, i didn't go to the bottom of a couple of mine the other day because i just ran out of time.  none looked crowded, but you never know what's going on in the mind of a bee   :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline duck

• House Bee
    • Big Thicket Bees
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 11:30:57 pm »
about half my hives were boiling out the front at night.. ive been building every night to keep up with removals, swarms, and them getting crowded.. Cant wait to get some sleep.

Offline simmonds

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 06:18:00 pm »
about half my hives were boiling out the front at night.. ive been building every night to keep up with removals, swarms, and them getting crowded.. Cant wait to get some sleep.

Some guys/gals have all the luck!  :-D

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 12:05:24 am »
Kathy,
When are you gonna catch any of that action on camera? :-D

James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 01:36:13 am »
when i remember to take my camera  :-D  wouldn't have done any good on this one.  the sun was right in my eyes and no picture would have turned out.