Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Two Honey Bee Colonies In A couch  (Read 8003 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Two Honey Bee Colonies In A couch
« on: September 29, 2012, 06:06:51 pm »
Never did one quite like this before, was a lot of fun!

...JP

Two Honey Bee Hives In A Couch
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline BabcockFarms

• House Bee
Re: Two Honey Bee Colonies In A couch
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 10:13:17 pm »
That was very cool!
Ron Babcock

"I believe the good that men do, will live long after they gone."
                                                                                                                          ~Mr. Fox Haas

<

Offline Lazy W

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 10:57:46 pm »
Great Job JP. Enjoyed watching. Thanks for sharing. I think you should have your own reality show.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 11:03:07 pm »
He does have his own show.   Just on youtube.   Great video JP.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 07:34:49 pm »
Love, love, love it!!! So much fun to watch as usual. 

Thanks JP

Annette

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:28:00 am »
Boy you sure are hard on a couch  :-D

Offline wildforager

• New Bee
    • Brooms By Little John
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 02:27:08 am »
Wow, nice work JP! I never would have thought I'd see bees in a couch.  :laugh:
A weed is just a plant in the wrong place. -Luther Burbank

To find out more about me check out my website.... www.broomsbylittlejohn.com

Offline TwoHoneys

• House Bee
    • TwoHoneys
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 08:59:35 am »
I love how you simply chatted away during this entire removal, JP. I like to think you were visiting with me. :)

-Liz
"In a dream I returned to the river of bees" W.S. Merwin

Offline wildforager

• New Bee
    • Brooms By Little John
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 02:42:39 pm »
This redefines "Couch Surfing"  :lol:
A weed is just a plant in the wrong place. -Luther Burbank

To find out more about me check out my website.... www.broomsbylittlejohn.com

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 12:22:19 am »
Duck Dynasty has nothing on JP .... LOL Great video... Invaluable information for a newbie such as myself. Thanks 
Marshall

Moots

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 01:00:26 am »
WOW!  That is CRAZY Cool!

I've watched a number of JP's videos, but I'm still blown away by his grabbing hands full of bees. 

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 02:55:23 pm »
Thanks y'all, a new video coming soon of one I did yesterday.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 04:12:37 pm »
very cool.  shared it on FB too.  they like to watch you do removals without protection  :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 11:19:54 am »
Kathy, year before last during the summer, I mentioned somewhere on here, a removal I did that was filmed by a local film crew for a British production company called Touch Productions.

My bit was part of the project they were doing on Fergus The Forager (The Roadkill Chef)

Nothing materialized from that bit but I did meet a very nice producer who works for Animal Planet. In fact she was the one that came down before the shoot and I took her to five sites that had bees. She chose the first site which was on the lakefront in New Orleans.

We have become friends and email each other now and again and I give her periodic updates concerning any new projects that come my way.

In fact, one such project looked like it was about to take off, this past October that involved another very well known national network and I don't believe I ever mentioned this on Beemaster until now. This would have been one heck of a project involving myself, Bud, Hardwood and Peggy, Schawee, Bailey and Emil among others.

We were told by Hollywood executives that they wanted to do an entire series with us and that it was a done deal! They had watched our videos and wanted to put a show together! How exciting right?

Well, it just never materialized, but for about a week, us folks sure were excited! Oh well, maybe next time.

Anyhoo, getting back to my Animal Planet friend. She said she tried to pitch us to her people right after we did the filming with Fergus and they wanted a completely different show than what she had in mind. She wanted something authentic but they were more interested in having us getting stung a bunch on camera. They wanted fireworks.

She told me, she walked away. Much respect to my friend Judy as none of us are looking to be sell outs, ain't gonna happen.

So, for now, life is as we know it.  :)

...JP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 11:38:39 am »
Right now I'm starting to rethink that "sellout" position JP  :lau:

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 01:22:38 pm »
i'm glad you guys didn't sell out, although i understand what scott means :-)

most of these "reality" shows seem to be aimed at the dumbest amongst us....and there must be a lot of dumb people because look how many of those shows are on, and have been on for a long time. 

you guys are better than that.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 03:31:24 pm »
Would love to see a show about Beekeepers and their daily lives, but am glad you didn't sell out and give a bad name to the honeybee and people from the south. I tip my hat to you sir. Like i said before, Duck Dynasty has nothing on you...  :) I guess the real story of the American bee keeper will have to wait for its debut... LOL  keep em coming JP
Marshall

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 04:25:34 pm »
I could watch these all day long.   This was a fun removal.  Thanks!
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 12:39:51 pm »
Hey Scott, I guess we would need some boundaries defined. We could push those boundaries within reason for the right moolah, right? Uh, define sell out again?  :-D

...JP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 06:31:08 pm »
I was just kidding Bro...you know that we are all on the same page. I don't think we're done yet. You know how these Hollywood types and network types are, they might take years to make a decision. I just keep waiting for another call from Elle saying "It's a go!".

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything